Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Repro SS dagger?

Article about: Is that E.T. in a bikini....???

Default Re: Repro SS dagger?

Is that E.T. in a bikini....???

Repro SS dagger?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Repro SS dagger?
    P
    Many

It's a repro of a repro of a reproduction. Don't think they get any worse than this one! Imagine being a proud knight of the WSS, and then walking around with a toy dagger looking like this.

Pablo this is no reflection on you and I do not want you to feel bad or guilty for posting this in a good way I am glad you did ... The members are not in anyway questioning your knowledge but attacking the maker who produced these repros. Just in case the thought was in your mind is the reason why I posted this comment. We are having a good time with this repro and grateful you posted it Best regards Larry

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Pablo this is no reflection on you and I do not want you to feel bad or guilty for posting this in a good way I am glad you did ... The members are not in anyway questioning your knowledge but attacking the maker who produced these repros. Just in case the thought was in your mind is the reason why I posted this comment. We are having a good time with this repro and grateful you posted it Best regards Larry
    I’m in agreement with the above. Which if nothing else tells us that “stories” are just that “stories”, which many times are made up just to try and sell some junk or postwar altered item to an unsuspecting buyer. And this thread a worthwhile addition to a collectors learning experience IMO. Because it clearly shows that even people who seem sincere and honest are NOT to be taken at face value if the item they are selling is junk, or has “issues”. With the thread also providing an opportunity for the readers to "vent" their unhappiness with what has been going on with the fakes. And other kinds of junk that sellers are trying to dump on collectors so they (collectors) are the ones taking a financial "hit", because of the sellers bad judgement. Regards, Fred

At least this one screamed fake. Its the ones that look more legit I worry about collectors or newbies getting burned with. Would like to see prison sentences given out to these forgers. Hate to see someone paying huge chunks of money and getting burned.

True that! But even absurd fakes like This one somehow still seem to sneak through the cracks on occasion! Much as it leaves us speechless, you'll Still see the collector or 2 proudly displaying some silly thing like these!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4