Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rich Abr Herder dienstdolch, Ernst Rohm Dedication

Article about: I have seen this one for sale. I like the graining, but am aware they are rarer than hen's teeth! Any thoughts please. Better close ups have been requested.

?

Default Rich Abr Herder dienstdolch, Ernst Rohm Dedication

I have seen this one for sale. I like the graining, but am aware they are rarer than hen's teeth! Any thoughts please. Better close ups have been requested.

Rich Abr Herder dienstdolch, Ernst Rohm DedicationRich Abr Herder dienstdolch, Ernst Rohm DedicationRich Abr Herder dienstdolch, Ernst Rohm DedicationRich Abr Herder dienstdolch, Ernst Rohm Dedication

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rich Abr Herder dienstdolch, Ernst Rohm Dedication
    P
    Many

?

Hi Al,

a dagger in this price range (IF Original.....) has to be examined very closely!
    If the seller is only willing to provide pics like this, then walk away.
    Ask better and highly detailed pics.
    a Good indication is its price.....what is he asking?...as these prices easily do 15- 20K at the big houses.
    My gut feeling about this one without better pics: postwar etched ones are the ones that will be photographed on a cheap kitchen table.......people now a days know the prices and will take good pics to benefit from the current market prices.
    Always beware of very rare daggers like this one, and getting pics that are not detailed enough to make a proper verdict.

Regards,
    Ger

Hi Allikat ,,I have to echo Gerrits thoughts and concerns..on these. Herder is one of the most highly faked SS and SS Rohm daggers. The price range for a decent one is in the same ball park if not more in some cases of condition..as Gerrit has specified. I have also seen this same exact photograph floating around before....be careful.

For one of these...if it is not coming from a well known reputable dealer...then an in hand inspection is required by someone who knows. The price range will help you decide the direction you need to go in. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Comparing it with a researched one SS-Obersturmfuehrer Fritz Gruber, its clear to see that the etch is not in the proper place..
    Herder produced only 450 Rohm daggers according to: R&R Fisher, "NS Dagger Maker Trademarks", 5th Edition.

and the one you show isnt one of them.
    Regards,
    Ger
    Rich Abr Herder dienstdolch, Ernst Rohm Dedication

?

alikat,

All has been said above, Now, Run Away, Fast

Regards Mac 66.

Yet another aged looking Rohm SA with an improperly applied inscription...Seems like a sudden flood of these things of late. Am not a big fan of the crossgraining on this one either...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thanks guys, running shoes on and door open!