Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Röhm SS - real or fake SS Dagger?

Article about: Hi from Russia! We had contact with you years ago. I hope you remember that. I have a question for you. I see this SS dagger. The seller says it 's a completely original dagger. We have a di

Friends.
    I didn 't mean to offend anyone. I was offered to buy this dagger. The seller wants $2,000 for that. I wanted to buy, but I had doubts about the authenticity of this dagger. So I asked a question. I am grateful for your answers. You helped me save my money.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Röhm SS - real or fake SS Dagger?
    P
    Many

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Martin you misunderstand ...the dagger posted is not made of plastic. The dagger is just a typical parted repro. Vlad did not make it.
    Your are new to this hobby...I would suggest sometimes ..just read and sit back before commenting on something you are not sure of.

Larry
    Ok, thanks for the input Larry. I must admit that I am a bit confused. I don't understand the references made to a 3-D-forum, which by closer inspection doesn't even seem to be related to 3-D-printing, but computer generated pictures of daggers, and the comment of that he should know it is a fake?

On the second note I think that as an owner of my own Hammesfahr ground Röhm I could have some valuble information about the similarities and differences to contribute with, as I also did. Where these wrong in your opinion?

And, as a newbie in this hobby these forums sometimes feels a bit like a catch 22, in that experts in some cases just say "Its all bad", "It's all parts dagger" or "It is a fake" but doesn't leave an explanation to why it would be that way. As a newbie I think that some explaining and pointing things out openly would facilitate learning a bit.

Thanks and have a nice New Years Eve!

Quote by VladRussianArms View Post
    Friends.
    I didn 't mean to offend anyone. I was offered to buy this dagger. The seller wants $2,000 for that. I wanted to buy, but I had doubts about the authenticity of this dagger. So I asked a question. I am grateful for your answers. You helped me save my money.
    My apologies Vlad! Foul morning mood in combination with misinterpreting the references made to your previous computer work made me write an unnecessarily harsh comment.

Happy new year to Russia from Sweden!

?

I agree with all the above.
    Parts dagger at best.
    Grip is a modern repro.

To all happiness, and all Happy New Year!

I think Larry just meant you should slow down a bit so you don't say things you later regret and lose credibility therefrom. No hard feelings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2