Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Rookie needs help, is this fake?

Article about: Hi guys! Lately i'm reading up on SS daggers and i've come across one which has my interest. A few alarm bells are already ringing to not proceed with it, but i'd like your opinion on the au

Larboard take it easy Have a beer..relax

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rookie needs help, is this fake?
    P
    Many

Hmmmm.... BEER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A14qyN0rVGA

Hhmmmm... beer @ 0:50

The pilsner looks good, not sure about the server tho... might need some further investigation, maybe even some undercover work? ;-)

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Accept his offer to meet, and arrange for it to be on a bridge... then "accidentally" drop the dagger in the water, you would be doing the world a favor.
    I am pretty sure you would be liable if you tried this.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I'm pretty sure it was a fantasy... I don't really think anyone is going to meet you on a bridge with a fake SS dagger... But if they did, preferably it would be at night, you would be wearing a mask, and have a friend on a fast getaway bike waiting for you

Ok Back to the thread topic
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

the majority of the good daggers ever sold on Marktplaats came from a small town called Oss...LOL...and the few Original SS daggers ever posted there could be counted on a hand who lost at least 2 fingers

Good SS daggers are expensive and normally chance hands by being sold from collector to collector.
    The good ones often stay in collection and they do not need to be advertised like on Marktplaats
    An ad on one of the forums will do in most cases.
    If your not sure ...post!!

Cheers
    Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 11-30-2015 at 02:19 PM.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Larboard take it easy Have a beer..relax

Both,the Maid & and the beer looks fine Larry

Regards,
    Gerd

?

Red face Stained handle?

I read the posts on this piece of junk and agree. However, I did not see any comments regarding what appears to me is an earlier applied blackish stain on a brown wood base which is beginning to show through on the high relief area. The handle should be ebony (black) wood.

John

?

John not all SS grips are ebony.
    Makers like E.Pack also used brown wood which they dyed in a special process.
    This black can show wear which shows the lighter brown grip beneath.

Regards
    Ger

So far i have counted about 4 original ss dagers in 5 years on the marktplaats(one m36). Lost count on the fakes..

Still feel ashamed that i posted some of those daggers here, when i Just started collecting. I still Email people and ask them to remove the junk when i see it.

Regards, Job

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2