Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rzm 1053/38

Article about: Here is another one from my daggers. Not much crossgrain,but the motto and Trademark are very crisp! This one came with an anodized scabbard with plated fittings. Note,the tang is dual marke

Default Rzm 1053/38

Here is another one from my daggers. Not much crossgrain,but the motto and Trademark are very crisp!
    This one came with an anodized scabbard with plated fittings.
    Note,the tang is dual marked. The vertical is also marked and is shown in a german reference book.
    Here are some pics,
    Gerd
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rzm 1053/38   Rzm 1053/38  

Rzm 1053/38   Rzm 1053/38  

Rzm 1053/38   Rzm 1053/38  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rzm 1053/38
    P
    Many

Hi Gerd..lovely dagger with early Blade which may be possibly a Ground Rohm and reissued under the RZM number. Love it I like the Acid etch strains left in the etch lettering. Very Nice. Tne accent grooves in the crossguards are scant looking in size. Interesting detail. Grip appears to be Eickhorn..correct me if Im wrong

A great use of some early detail mixed into the Mid period. Nice find Best regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Gerd,

Nice salty RZM 1053/38 with vert

Thanks for showing

Regards Mac 66.

I have to agree-I very much like the etched lettering edges. Nice to see! Don't know if the vertical hanger is original to this one, but it fits and is in beautiful condition. A nice, honest Model 33 that's "Been There"
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thx for showing this nice SS dagger, a bit salty but very collectable!
    Nice to show the tang markings.

Regards,
    Ger

Information points to the dual marked tang .."CAH" and "H" soley used by the Eickhorn firm..mainly used or seen on their Damast Blades. This is a nice rarity Gerd . Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Information points to the dual marked tang .."CAH" and "H" soley used by the Eickhorn firm..mainly used or seen on their Damast Blades. This is a nice rarity Gerd . Regards Larry
    Well Larry that fits in perfectly with the grip

Ger

?

Larry the tang marking CAH = Carl August Hartkopf, is used also by Hammersfahr & Haco daggers

Regards,
    Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 03-06-2015 at 10:33 PM.

Thanks to all for your nice words!
    Larry,
    yes i see what you mean. The guards are H X marked and this blade is later vintage and not an early GR. I'm also not aware of any Röhm blades with this motto pattern!
    William,the vertical didn't came with this dagger,but as you wrote above,it fits very well and a nice addition to this worn dagger.
    Regards,
    Gerd

Quote by kreta1961 View Post
    Thanks to all for your nice words!
    Larry,
    yes i see what you mean. The guards are H X marked and this blade is later vintage and not an early GR. I'm also not aware of any Röhm blades with this motto pattern!
    William,the vertical didn't came with this dagger,but as you wrote above,it fits very well and a nice addition to this worn dagger.
    Regards,
    Gerd
    Hi,
    I am not dagger expert, but for me look original only blade, anodized scabbard is OK? should not be painted? Grip same as in 2nd post looks like from other dagger.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast