Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Salty Boker SS Dienstdolch blade

Article about: I have had this for many years and I am sure it is an original, but I am thinking of selling it and just wanted to check that others agree that it is good? Also, what would be a fair to pric

Default Salty Boker SS Dienstdolch blade

I have had this for many years and I am sure it is an original, but I am thinking of selling it and just wanted to check that others agree that it is good?

Also, what would be a fair to price to ask for it? I realise that people don't like to say and if that is the case I'll just list it and see what happens.

Sorry the pics are not great, but I have yet to become competent in taking pictures of this type of object.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Salty Boker SS Dienstdolch blade   Salty Boker SS Dienstdolch blade  

Salty Boker SS Dienstdolch blade   Salty Boker SS Dienstdolch blade  

Salty Boker SS Dienstdolch blade  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Salty Boker SS Dienstdolch blade
    P
    Many

Default re: Salty Boker SS Dienstdolch blade

She's rough as toast but I think a good one Jerry

Is that filler at the end keeping the tip on?

It has been brazed, not something you see done these days and I have had for the best part of 10 years, so not a recent repair.

I appreciate that to many SS dagger collectors this would have no value, but to the rest of us, it must be worth something, as it is a period original and even this salty old dog should hopefully find a welcome home in someones collection.
    Regards,

Jerry

Yep, maybe someone has a pile of salty parts this could complete for them. As for price I've no clue mate, even a mint blade I'd just be guessing.

Having some experience with SS daggers, if that is all that remains of the dagger, no grip or anything but that blade...I would estimate somewhere in the $200 range, purely because it is SS. I do think it is real but simply too far gone and welded with the wrong material. I hope Cogwheel can comment as if anyone knows values of one in this sad shape, it would be him.

Mark

Quote by kingtiger View Post
    Having some experience with SS daggers, if that is all that remains of the dagger, no grip or anything but that blade...I would estimate somewhere in the $200 range, purely because it is SS. I do think it is real but simply too far gone and welded with the wrong material. I hope Cogwheel can comment as if anyone knows values of one in this sad shape, it would be him.

Mark
    Thanks Mark for posting your opinion, useful to get an idea of what others think.
    Regards,

Jerry

Hi Jerry, just got up after being away at at show. Real of course, but I have no idea of a value on something like this.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Nice piece, i bet it will be very nice with some parts in the same condition.