Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...

Article about: I'm posting a few more photos here after receiving a private message on another forum from someone in Germany claiming the SS roundel is a copy, the makers mark sits too far from the guard t

?

Default re: Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...

I'm posting a few more photos here after receiving a private message on another forum from someone in Germany claiming the SS roundel is a copy, the makers mark sits too far from the guard therefore the blade is fake, the serial number on the guard is within the known range of reproductions, and because the guard has no roman numeral it is fake.

Against my better judgement I removed the grip pieces and took shots of the unseen portions of the grip, guards, tang, and better shots of the SS roundel as well for your opinions. The fact that this guy only has 5 posts on this other forum (a very well-known TR forum), and still wants to buy the dagger after all of this leads me to believe he's full of #@%$, but I'd like to get everyone's opinions nonetheless.

Thanks guys!

Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Serialized SS Partial Rohm Ehrendolch for opinions...
    P
    Many

Dzyner these are the correct crossguards for this maker matey does this help you? Also the mm is in the correct place for the maker and the crossguards where not always marked nothing wrong with it to me
    cheers Ronnie

?

Thanks for the reply Ronnie! What about the SS roundel and tang (blade)? Are they ok as well?

Dzyner I honestly would have that dagger any day, it looks fine to me i havent a problem with anything you have posted
    "IF" the roundel has been replaced it was done a long time ago
    cheers Ronnie

?

Thanks again Ronnie. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the guy who PM'd me on the other forum was talking about. It appears he was simply trying to pull a fast one and get me to sell him this dagger dirt cheap. Or... he truly believes this is a reproduction dagger (I like to give people the benefit of the doubt)

DZyner i have just been looking at the number on the crossguard, could the number 7 have a single roman numeral behind it? they where known just to stamp over them
    cheers Ronnie

?

Ronnie, it sure does Good eye! You can barely make out the lower "feet" of the letter "I"

Munich!!
    nice one mate made up for ya
    cheers Ronnie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2