Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS 1933 EM Pack dagger. Thoughts?

Article about: Hello everyone. Interested in everyones thoughts and opinions on this rare Pack dagger

An excellent dagger that would be difficult to upgrade.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS 1933 EM Pack dagger. Thoughts?
    P
    Many

Hi Fvrod..Nice dagger. Guards are not typical Pack type..marked with an "S" with a horseshoe on both upper and lower guards. these guards shown on your example are more chunky than what was produced by Pack. None the less still a great fit..and I have seen other Pack types also that had chunky guards.

point of reference below is on this link here

https://www.lakesidetrader.com/item.php?ID=5485

Pack Guards will be slightly more thinner and squared off on the bottom. I stlll like your dagger and feel your may have been a production quota type.
    Everything else is correct.

Normally and very rarely do we see a true Pack scabbard..which will show the upper scabbard fitting screws to be set lower than normal away from the top. Yours seems to have one screw lower than normal. Again..very normal to have a standard scabbard with these Pack daggers.

The anodizing is immaculate .

tang should be marked with an "A" within a circle above the number 17 or 25. Loos to have been ground of for a grip fitting

Other than a few observations..you have a decent production piece ..but not from the common line. Sorry Im being a purist

This dagger will look well against a SS armband and an Iron cross.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by fvrod1 View Post
    Thanks everyone for confirming what I had suspected. I shall wait impatiently for her arrival.
    Great decision and pick up! Well done.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

The anodizing on the sheath looks to be nearly 100%-a Rarely seen condition and especially so on a beautifully made early all nickel E. Pack. This is one dagger that is definitely worth the money(I'm assuming it's not cheap!). I would pick this one up myself (and I'm Very particular and picky about such things!). A very nice found piece and one that will not be seen on every Tom,Dick and Harry's militaria site for sale. It may have been taken apart, but it was done so Carefully-as such things Should be done if needed. I can see nothing that would make me hesitate on this piece! Well done!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Very nice dagger!!!

what is the asking price if i may ask?

regards, Job

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2