Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS 1933 pattern dagger: good?

Article about: Congratulations Marc! A VERY nice example to start your dagger collection. Ralph.

Congrats Marc .... Looking forward to some new pics and another great addition to this forum . Welcome to the dark side of collecting SS regalia . The hanger as Gerrit stated is an easy fix and is a common fix. Beware of the Ides of March ... Your wife has some planning going on
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS 1933 pattern dagger: good?
    P
    Many

nice pick up Marc

You can always remove the short hanger and sell it to recoup a wee bit of your purchase price-just keep the nice vertical hanger and snap a D-ring belt loop to it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Congrats Marc .... Looking forward to some new pics and another great addition to this forum . Welcome to the dark side of collecting SS regalia . The hanger as Gerrit stated is an easy fix and is a common fix. Beware of the Ides of March ... Your wife has some planning going on
    I surely like the SS regalia, and "the dark side",but it is a dangerous path to follow :-0 very expensive and very treasures ( more fakes than originals :-( )
    But I would like a SS helmet one day ;-) if I can find an original !?

I have turned the scabbard the right way now, and the vertical hanger was stamped inside as well, as it should be !
    I have taken some new pics, but not with the best camera :-( if they are no good, please let me know, and I will take some other, when the better camera is up and running !

Mfg
    Marc

Due to the horror of the SS and the historical appeal it draws from collectors...this organization to the very end of the war...all SS rlated artifacts have held their value and significance. Compared to a Late RZM SA dagger of the same time period,,( Which I have repeated before ) had lost their significance..due to the whole SS take over and total police control of all aspects of life. The SA organization is and was a mere shadow of its former self...only appearing at state functions, parades..standing guard some place. A figure head organization during the late period.
    IMO their last function of terror for the Germany was in 1938...."Kristallnacht"..the night of the broken glass..for those who dont know this time it was when all or most Jewish owned businesses..had smashed windows littering the streets....some set ablaze...and looted.

The appeal for the early SA dagger holds its worth entirely as that time period was the core strength of Hitlers rise to power of the early early years prior to 1933... and SA leader Ernst Rohms demise.

If one has an SS dagger in their collection...an SA dagger would be a great addition which tells a story of early struggle..." Kampfzeit'. The SA and SS dagger go hand in hand..and would make a great addition to a political collecotion. There is a story to tell. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Great pick up, lovely dagger, thx for the extra pics.
    I wouldnt mind owning it myself, so if your done looking at it and up to something new just send it the me

Regards,
    Ger
    you can Always PM me for my address LOL

Thanks a lot Gerry.

I'll keep it in mind, but so far I'm still pretty exited ;-)
    Even my wife think it looks cool, except the story behind it :-(
    Mfg
    Marc

By the way, it has never been in a collection before !
    The story tells, that it the previous ovner, an old guy who just died a short while ago, traded a bottle of Snaps for it just after the war.
    His widow was about to trough it in the garbage, but her neighbor just managed to save it before that happened !!!
    Trash for some, gold for others ;-)

mfg
    Marc

Nice pick up Marc.
    I have a small collection of daggers and fighters
    but one two German daggers (very common ones
    at that) and some day, Like you, I hope to add
    a SS to the collection.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Hi Greg,
    Thought you were only into EK´s ;-)
    This dagger is the only one I have ! I would like to add a early SA and a HJ to my collection :-)

mfg
    marc
    PS I´ll post some new EK aquisitions soon !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast