Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

SS 1933 pattern Dienstdolch 1053/38 marked

Article about: SS RZM Dagger w/ Hanger - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics This dagger is for sale on this forum. Can we some opinions on this one please? K.

?

Default SS 1933 pattern Dienstdolch 1053/38 marked

SS RZM Dagger w/ Hanger - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

This dagger is for sale on this forum.
    Can we some opinions on this one please?

K.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS 1933 pattern Dienstdolch 1053/38 marked
    P
    Many

Default re: SS 1933 pattern Dienstdolch 1053/38 marked

I'll reserve my opinion for a while as I'm not expert with these yet. I was looking at this one the other day too.

?

Im no expert either but there are a couple of points that seem to go against what has been posted on this forum before, so i reserve my comments until the more experienced collectors offer an opinion

About the only nit I could pick with it, are the oddly toned guard and pommel pieces.(nickel plating that no longer exists?) Otherwise, it looks okey to my eye,although it has been cleaned and has very little to no crosshatching left on the blade. One wonders why the cleaner did not also do the guards? At least then, they would have matched better to the rest...As for price, it's abit over the top end value, in my opinion.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Im curious as why are the contour ridges on the grip look nice and sharp ,, compared to the grip eagle being pretty worn down. The grip area around the right side of the runes button has some sanding issues. im not sure of this grip. Along with what Wagriff has said,, those guards look as if all the plating has come off and the pot metal is visible. My opinion on this is,,everything including the crossguards without the plating are late period,, but the grip im not so sure of. Just my thoughts. Larry

?

Im with Larry on the grip eagle, i think it could be a replacement, the runes button is clear and crisp compared to the actual grip, the one thing that really stands out to me is that the blade appears to have been heavily "cleaned" or possibly finely sanded but the RZM mark, the makers mark and SS logo all appear crisp and untouched yet all around them and inside them, there appears wear, and if i'm not mistaken the end of the motto looks to be slightly sloping upwards which places the "E" above the centre line, perhaps i'm wrong on all points, but it would throw me off buying the piece

I think it is priced very well,I paid a little more for mine but did not have hanger.but mine is somewhat sharper looking than this one,it might be your photo but all in all I do not think the price is unfair