Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS bayonet frog, genuine?

Article about: This leather bayonet frog marked RZM SS 237/44 may be original or marking is applied later after the war? It may be completely fake? Thanks in advance moderators and collectors!

Default SS bayonet frog, genuine?

This leather bayonet frog marked RZM SS 237/44 may be original or marking is applied later after the war? It may be completely fake?
    Thanks in advance moderators and collectors!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS bayonet frog, genuine?   SS bayonet frog, genuine?  

SS bayonet frog, genuine?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS bayonet frog, genuine?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS bayonet frog, genuine?

Hi Ady..I can only comment on the condition of the hanger itself but the hanger guys will give you a precise answer. My thoughts on this and looking at the overall condition of the hanger as it appears worn but the RZM mark looks newer.........BUT.......it also may be the image and flash creating that effect. Just my thoughts. I will keepthis thread at the top until you get the answer you need. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

This stamp that was used to make it has been sold to deceive IMO, as I only see it on fake leather items or added to a original to bling it up. Is there even a known maker with that number?

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Hi Eric, I believe the code is a fantasy. By 1944 these contract codes were not used.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

From what I am seeing it's a complete fake made for the "collectors market". With among other things, what looks like a too large belt loop, and a shorter than usual "wasp" waist. Maybe it wants to be a fashion model when it grows up??

BTW: A while back I did see another differently marked "SS/RZM" bayonet frog where the faker did a better job with the postwar applied marking. But the blatantly dishonest moron who created it made one "little" mistake. He used a fairly rare Kriegsmarine frog as the object to be transformed into an "SS" frog for the unsuspecting collector. Fred

Hello,

yes, IMO frog and stamp are low quality fakes.

Regards

Looks like a well worn reproduction IMO...

you will not find an RZM leather stamp for SS items after 1942. This 1944 stamp was used by stupid fakers on many original and fake leather items to pimp them. Be careful and know your stuff!