Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS bayonet genuine?

Article about: Hi Fred,,,,,, looking forward to whatever you can put together as a reference resource Regards Larry

Default Re: SS bayonet genuine?

Hmm...works good for Me...maybe your squirrel in your computer is getting tired on his wheel? I've blatantly stolen the image and posted it below -not the biggest photo but you can see what it looks like, at least! lol

SS bayonet genuine?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS bayonet genuine?
    P
    Many

These Fisher Price computers just cant seem to keep up
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry for the price of only 3 daggers of 200 dollars each ( you know mines are cheaper, it all depens on the wife )
    you can buy a PC even better then your fisher Price, and that one can realy scroll down to the bottom

Ger

what a mess destroying a nice bayo with the wrong stamp, but fortunate they only used 1 stamp, hahahahhaha

Sad to say I agree with everyones thoughts on this bayo as now it has to be Euthanized and sent to the Eternal..." Best of the Worst"....thread.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Having nothing to do with the supposed Karl Diebitsch association that is seen mentioned in some places, and the topic of more than one discussion, the ersatz “SS-Kulturzeichen" here has not just one but two borders. With the (legitimate) marking itself depending on the context probably being more along the line of a licensing agreement for the give or take 50% of German Police swords which have it. Also seen on the SS swords from Solingen, as well as on the work of an independent of Solingen subcontractor for the SS-Birthday swords as possibly something of an inspection/acceptance mark. And on a few other items which are still under investigation with no apparent signs of fakery. In two slightly different configurations with the M 1936 daggers, with one pre-stamped in manufacturing which for that maker probably takes it out of the realm of an inspection/acceptance stamp. And in multiple configurations with the ceramics from the Allach firm where it seems to be something like a ‘seal of approval’. But not on the SS swords from Dachau. So as I think can be seen the topic is a little more complicated than it might seem to be at first glance.

With the two border example here having me wondering if this isn’t just extra proof that this one might be genuine?? Not really - this one is just another fake. Fred

A SS accaptance on sidearms don´t exist.

IMO this a fake

the Logo is not an acceptance stamp...it is the trade mark of Professor Diebitsch. He made the design of porcelain items (Allach), daggers and swords.

This sign stands for Prof.Diebitsch design.

This bayonet type was never designed from Prof.Diebitsch. The maker is clear... so IMA a fake

Regards

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post

IMO this a fake

the Logo is not an acceptance stamp...it is the trade mark of Professor Diebitsch. He made the design of porcelain items (Allach), daggers and swords.

This bayonet type was never designed from Prof.Diebitsch. The maker is clear... so IMA a fake

Regards
    A legitimate conclusion from a mistaken belief that was very heavily discussed on the WAF a few years back. With postwar books and opinions citing this and that, but no TR period proof. Which took a lot of examples and period evidence to point out the flaws which have been in the "reference" books for many years. And when I get back I will see if I can find the link. Regards, Fred

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post

IMO this a fake

Regards
    At 12 pages it's not a short thread and will require some sifting through the entries. With as I skimmed across it before posting this link, I now remember the SS-Kulturzeichen marked jewelry that Robin Lumsden posted along with some of the contributions of the others (which varied from the very, very, good - to where did that come from?? ). Also having a faint recollection of some later research that credited an individual in the early years of the SS who received a small monetary award for his contribution of the Sigrunen. Which I probably archived somewhere on my computer, and if verified could be added to the WAF thread just to have it as a future reference. Regards, Fred

SS Sword - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

PS: And if there is some PERIOD PROOF to the contrary now might be a good time to post it, because what is the most important is the actual truth of the matter.

Interesting reading for sure.
    Fred..would it be possible for this thread if you can assemble all and anything related to the Kulturzeichen stamping.....in regards to what was actually stamped with this logo. For our readers here so they have a better understanding of the logo..the creator of it...and the items deemed Culturally acceptable. for this thread these items are welcome. Many perceive the kulturzeichen to only be associated with SS Swords..Chained SS daggers..and some Porcelain.
    This would be beneficial for our SS collectors and allach collectors or any other items related with this stamping. Regards Larry

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Interesting reading for sure.
    Fred..would it be possible for this thread if you can assemble all and anything related to the Kulturzeichen stamping.....in regards to what was actually stamped with this logo. For our readers here so they have a better understanding of the logo..the creator of it...and the items deemed Culturally acceptable. for this thread these items are welcome. Many perceive the kulturzeichen to only be associated with SS Swords..Chained SS daggers..and some Porcelain.
    This would be beneficial for our SS collectors and allach collectors or any other items related with this stamping. Regards Larry
    Hello Larry, I was very glad to see that the link that I posted is still working, and I’m philosophically OK with the idea of a backup resource for SS collectors, especially since two earlier threads on another forum were lost in server change outs. With one on Diebitsch, and the other Allach. And some other miscellaneous threads like the chain sets (etc.) that were lost as well.

With what I have to work out being the ownership of the intellectual property. Which is something that hampered me a little with the WAF thread, although I was able to work around it reasonably well - but not perfectly. With some of the information and photos OK for re-releasing. But some other information either not OK, or given in the strictest confidence, which is something that I take seriously. Best Regards, Fred
    Last edited by Frogprince; 07-06-2013 at 05:28 PM. Reason: minor typo correction

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast