Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS cadet degen

Article about: Hi guys! what do you think of this SS cadet degen ?

Default Re: SS cadet degen

Here is a great link on Herm Rath swords and markings. In our library. An excellent source for further investigation.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...-swords-25804/

Hope that helps.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS cadet degen
    P
    Many

Quote by Rancid66 View Post
    Herm Rath most produced Police swords, but also SS swords.

Maker marks:

SS OFFICER DEGEN
    ALCOSO
    PET.DAN.KREBS
    PMD
    NO MAKER

SS OFFICER CANDIDATE DEGEN
    CARL EICKHORN
    HERMANN RATH
    EMIL VOOS
    WKC

SS NCO DEGEN
    ALCOSO
    PET.DAN.KREBS
    CARL EICKHORN
    WKC
    F.W. HÖLLER
    CARL JUL.KREBS
    NO MAKER

SS NCO CANDIDATE DEGEN
    PET.DAN.KREBS
    HERMANN RATH

Regards
    Vedran
    Hi,

Perhaps this topic won't be read anymore but then again, I do want to add my 2p worth.
    I noticed that, in this list, the name of Paul Muller Dachau is missing. I did acquire a NCO (Unterführerdegen) 14 years ago together with a Allgemeine SS black uniform (Dienstrock & Steghose both in gabardine, labeled "Massarbeit" (taylormade) + Obermantel) in mint condition from an Oberscharführer of the Sturmabschnitt Hamburg, Nachrichtensturmbann (collarpatch depicting the signals' lightning with the number 6 underneath). The NCO Degen also in near mint conditon and the manufacturer's mark is on the blade under the Parierstange, a P and D connected by the M in the middle. Because of the rather sensitive nature of the grouping (which I purchased from a Flemish Eastfront veteran (Frw.Leg.Flandern/ Sturmbrigade Langemarck) I decided to sell the whole lot and it didn't take me more than two days before Helmut Weitze of Hamburg offered me a decent price which was pretty ok at the time. However, today these items would fetch at least 50% more if double the price, but then again, we're talking of 2000 which is 15 years ago... No complaints but just a small bit of regret since it is highly unlikely I will ever have a similar opportunity again t get hold of such high quality items. Perhaps I may post some pictures of these items shortly and if I can do so as "ordinary member"

Hi Freiwillge..It may be read again because of your input..and what I enjoy alot more is people like you are reading these old threads. Thats says alot..I call it Research !! .

SS items always seem to retain their value...and then some as they slowly appreciate in value over the years. I reread the thread..when anytime a member bumps it up to the top to understand what was said back them ..until the present time. Im sure it will be reread by others.

The SS uniform you had..would of went over well on the SS uniforms forum. Now days the uniforms have become very high in value..and an SS Officers degen..slowly climbing out of reach for most wallets especially mine.
    The NCO degens are still at fair market value..and still attainable ...even more cheaper in prrice and quite plntiful..is the Police degen..that is priced around $800. Even the Police degens show the same quality as the SS NCO>..and Officer degens...its just that the representation is diffferent but the craftmanship and materials are the same by the producer. Thanks for bumping this one up ! Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hermann Rath was a distributor (Hofflieferant) not a manufacturer. The mark is correct, but not for SS degens. Rath is known to have supplied the SS -Police degen. The subject degen is a parts piece made up to deceive, imo. I personally do not believe in the existence of an "SS Candidate" degen per se.
    Period portraits I have seen show officer cadets wearing the officer visor and non-com uniform insignia and EM belt buckle. If a degen is in the picture, then it is the EM degen. I will try and locate an in wear picture to post here.

Thanks for the info

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3