Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS cadet degen

Article about: Hi guys! what do you think of this SS cadet degen ?

Frankoo
    ?

Default SS cadet degen

Hi guys! what do you think of this SS cadet degen ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS cadet degen   SS cadet degen  

SS cadet degen   SS cadet degen  

SS cadet degen  

2. # ADS

Default Re: SS cadet degen

I don't have a huge amount of hands on experience with these, but I think it is good.

Cheers, Ade.

I had to bring this one up to the top as I have some reservations with the Kulturzeichen being on the ricasso and the makers name is unknown to me.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Maybe I'm wrong, but I never didnt saw that Police SS runes on the blade of candidates SS sword,- if we talk about the same manufacturer candidates SS sword, only in the police H.R. swords.
    Also, I do not like the runes, on the pommel.

Regards
    Vedran

Vedran take a look again the kulturzeichen is on the ricassso under the supposed makers logo
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry, I know that on these sword are runes on blade, but if is this a SS candidates sword, there should be a logo H.R. without runes.

Regards
    Vedran

Herm Rath is an uncommon name for an SS degen maker,,and unfortunately these are all the photos we have as this was from a guest member...I would like to put the challenge out to the SS degen collectors and see what information comes up for this maker "Herm Rath". I have never seen this maker on any SS degen. I am not comfortable with the stamping on the ricasso.

Herm Rath most produced Police swords, but also SS swords.

Maker marks:

SS OFFICER DEGEN
    ALCOSO
    PET.DAN.KREBS
    PMD
    NO MAKER

SS OFFICER CANDIDATE DEGEN
    CARL EICKHORN
    HERMANN RATH
    EMIL VOOS
    WKC

SS NCO DEGEN
    ALCOSO
    PET.DAN.KREBS
    CARL EICKHORN
    WKC
    F.W. HÖLLER
    CARL JUL.KREBS
    NO MAKER

SS NCO CANDIDATE DEGEN
    PET.DAN.KREBS
    HERMANN RATH

Regards
    Vedran
    Attached Images Attached Images SS cadet degen 
    Last edited by Rancid66; 03-06-2013 at 09:07 PM.

?

I dont like the ss proof on the blade:
    As is the norm for candidate swords, neither the scabbard throat nor the underside of the crossguard should be SS proof marked.
    If it would be a SS officers sword it should be SS proofmark on the underside of the crossguard and on the throat of the scabbard.

Cheers Ger

Putting aside for a moment the "Allach style runes" stamped on the ricasso (Which I do Not like and do not recall seeing before), the Quality of the Blade itself is, from the looks of it, of Extremely poor steel and literally Looks cheap. The maker's mark stamping is of a very low quality also-as are most all of the other details on this piece. The pommel runes are Particularly bad looking. There is no way that this sword came from the facilities of Herman Rath-a maker of such high regard that they were commissioned by the SS themselves to make their swords.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast