Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SS Chained dagger..opinions

Article about: Hi al...i saw this SS chained dagger..in overall not good conditions...it should be a later nickel plated Type II chained dagger...but i have some concerns on the SS mark on the reverse link

Default SS Chained dagger..opinions

Hi al...i saw this SS chained dagger..in overall not good conditions...it should be a later nickel plated Type II chained dagger...but i have some concerns on the SS mark on the reverse link of the chain..it's similar to a type I chain...do you think it's a part dagger?? many thanks for help
    SS Chained dagger..opinionsSS Chained dagger..opinionsSS Chained dagger..opinionsSS Chained dagger..opinionsSS Chained dagger..opinionsSS Chained dagger..opinionsSS Chained dagger..opinionsSS Chained dagger..opinionsSS Chained dagger..opinionsSS Chained dagger..opinionsSS Chained dagger..opinions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Chained dagger..opinions
    P
    Many

OK Gents...class is in session.

What are we seeing here on this Chained SS other than poor photo color quality..or done on purpose to mask the obvious?
    Thoughts ?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry, I am no expert, but if I may give an opinion, by looking at the pictures, I cannot see the details of the dagger, that is the Eagle, the motto, the ss symbol and seems that it s been artificially aged?

The metal looks to be full of porosity which indicates a very cheap metal composition. The pics are aweful and i too see that the SS symbol appears to be "aged" as jamoros points out.

I am with you larry. until proven otherwise from the horrendous pics i am going with a knockoff

I go for a parts at best.

?

Well its a long time since i looked at one of these, i try to avoid them if poss, I dont like the handle, it does,nt seem to match the overall condition of the dagger, the eagle motif has some damage yet there is none around the surrounding wood, the top cross guard looks to be made of a softer metal owing to the fact that the damaged portion is "folded" over, this is surely a replaced piece or there would be associated damage to the wood, the pitting appears to have been "painted" over and the SS button has been aged imo, i daresay there are other inaccuracies but i,m not that learned on these daggers, the chain seems a little soft in detail but it could be the photos, but I thought the chain clip was supposed to be marked, all being said I would not want to buy it

After looking at it as best as I could with the low resolution photos. And comparing what I see with known good examples. The short version is: Very likely IMO an "East Bloc" knockoff that has been heavily camouflaged with artificial age/corrosion in an attempt to conceal the lack of (legitimate) detail. Now maybe some new high resolution pictures might tilt the balance the other way. But that remains to be seen (and I'm not holding my breath). Best Regards, Fred

Ok..the photos are a great start....anyone notice anything about the chain links ?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Ok..the photos are a great start....anyone notice anything about the chain links ?
    Yes, But to not give away too many hints to the guys putting together this kind of junk aimed at the collectors market - for starters the corners on some of the chain links are curved instead of angular. (That's using the doctrine of first picking the low hanging fruit.) Best Regards, Fred