Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS dagger 1933 with tag

Article about: G'day all, I saw this dagger here in Perth on the weekend and took a couple of pics, I thought it was pretty good! I've only seen a few of these with the paper tags online, I never thought I

Default SS dagger 1933 with tag

G'day all,
    I saw this dagger here in Perth on the weekend and took a couple of pics, I thought it was pretty good! I've only seen a few of these with the paper tags online, I never thought I would see one in the flesh here in sleepy Western Australia. The pics are a bit ordinary because I only had my phone with me but the dagger looked really good. I wasn't sure about the scabbard, it almost looked a bit too good but having said that the scabbard seemed to fit the dagger very nicely and, as I've learnt here, I shouldn't be put off just because something looks really good. Anyway, it is out of my price range and it has a buyer lined up already, I just thought you blokes might like to see it too.
    Cheers, Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger 1933 with tag   SS dagger 1933 with tag  

SS dagger 1933 with tag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger 1933 with tag
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS dagger

May I ask what the dealer was asking for it?

I think he said $4200 but he already had a bloke that wanted it.

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    I think he said $4200 but he already had a bloke that wanted it.
    First time I am seing one! (with paper tag, that is!!).
    Thanks for sharing.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Default Re: SS dagger 1933 with tag

You guys know what I am going to say.... in scabbard back to front.....

These tags are faked like everything else. I do not know enough about these to give a valid opinion.

I don't like the marks on the retaining nut. Clearly someone has messed with the dagger at some point in time.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I agree with Ade and I will not give out any information on the tag except of its position on the grip. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Also Looks a poor fit to top crossguard to me, i dont think i would have it (if i had that money )
    cheers Ronnie