Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

ss dagger

Article about: Hello, new member on the forum, I would like to share with you my ss dagger. I bought it 3 years ago. I would like ask you, if anybody has seen some similar with inscription? best, Tom Thank

Default ss dagger

ss daggerss daggerss daggerss daggerss daggerHello,

new member on the forum, I would like to share with you my ss dagger. I bought it 3 years ago. I would like ask you, if anybody has seen some similar with inscription?

best,

Tom

Thanks for your opinions, i add another photos.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss dagger   ss dagger  

ss dagger   ss dagger  

ss dagger  
    Last edited by tom1967; 06-23-2013 at 02:31 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss dagger
    P
    Many

Default Re: ss dagger

Tom,
    The photos are obscured by the reflection of the sun on the blade. I can't read the inscription on the reverse of the dagger. Does it say, "Ein Reich, Ein Volk, Ein Fuhrer"? Whose the maker?
    Mark

The makers is supposedly Eickhorn, but the inscriptions on this blade do Not look right. The Motto, for example-the "T" of Treue is terribly done. And the reverse side's inscription of "Ein Reich, ein Volk, ein Fuhrer" ....is it Raised lettering??
    Could we see clear and close up photos of the makers mark and the 2 inscriptions? I am not liking this piece but it would be an interesting dagger if genuine. I have never heard of this saying being engraved on Any dagger blade-much less one of the finicky SS's blades. Until we can see a few better photos, I am going to have to say that the reverse side inscription was added post-war to what looks like a possibly good dagger.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Interesting inscription............almost looks" Photo Shopped" with a graduated fade to the inscription..more noticeable where the lettering is showing through the light of the sun. That should not happen in that case. Also noticeable is the crispness of the Eickhorn logo compared to the bland looking inscription..there should be at least some definition to the lettering under the lighted conditions. It also seems the lettering kind of faded away from from the end of the last word. To receive a favorable analysis,,, Please post better photos with less light. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Welcome to our Forum!

But im sorry to say that this dagger blade is a fake, it has a Bogus inscription, let me explain:
    führer is etched wrong on the blade, the Motto says : Feuhrer
    In German when not using the ü but the u there will be placed an e behind the u (to compensate the " above the u) the e will be written BEHIND the u so it wil be FUEHRER

perhaps this is the only blade that exists, because making such a mistake would certainly bring the maker before a Execution squad

Cheers,
    Ger

?

I would have to agree, this appears to be fake and original parts put together,the blade does look fake,the ridge line on the blade is crooked both inscription look bad, I,m not really happy with the grip ,plus the scabbard appears to be brown/green,with the time frame involved I doubt whether any refund would be available