Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS Dagger

Article about: by brataccas Is this one fake? top of the page: ww2 page 1 Please post photos, not just a link. Otherwise this question is useless. Ralph.

The grip could even be a handmade replica. The runes look more like later RZM, the upper guard could have been reworked if you look at the scabbard fit?

below the number it says SA????????

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger
    P
    Many

Something I should of done in the beginning and my apologies for not doing so..Kudos to Ade for adding few photos to the 1st post.
    I have added the rest as this thread and dagger has grown in character . Below are a couple photos one of which Vernichtung has pointed out the SA Gruppe mark "Sa" Sachen.

SS Dagger SS Dagger

Take a close look at the tang nut.which automatically shoots all hope for me regarding SS daggers. It has fresh opening marks on the octagon. I do realize that most daggers these days ..seem to have some type of swirl mark ..or squeeze marks on the tang nut...but this is where we must study the rest of the dagger into being consistent with the producer.

The SA Gruppe mark pointed out by Vernichtung nails the coffin shut. Further data states that Gembruch SA gruppe marks were only "B" and "Ho" Berlin and Hochland.

A closer study of the tang would authenticate the blade itself, which at this point will not happen given the present location of the dagger.
    This dagger is parted together..and a low digit SS number would never exist stamped over an SA gruppe mark. Authentic parts but junk

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

LOL..now Im intrigued....... separate and apart from the rest of the dagger..the crossguard has separate possibilities as I take a deeper look into it. Not being or related to Gembruch. Im seeing an SS number..a SS District stamping "I" ..and a 2nd variant type SA Gruppe mark that is rarely used..being both Capital letters.

SS Dagger

Im curious of the underlying stamping beneath the number 1.

The Fonts IMO appear to be correct but I can not conclude why. Below is a previously erased SA Manns number with a reapplied 2629 number from my ED Wustoff "Oe" dagger. Siegfried B for the new members here is my previous user name and on the GDC.

SS Dagger

The practice of erasing and overstamping for reasons of removing identity is seen with the history of the Austrian SA ...and yet the triple stamping on this Gembruch guard has me perplexed. Presently no period documentation exists on the use of overstamping Early SA guards with an SS number and District stamping.
    Also ther eis no chance of seeing any internal foundary markings inside the guards given the daggers present location.

I would like to hear from Members Kreta and Red Baron on this. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The dagger is wrong all the way!
    - Grip
    -Crossguards and they are not marked with any roman number.
    -Blade ( wrong Motto Pattern for Gembruch )
    Regards
    Gerd

Hi Gerd...much of what was said the dagger from the beginning was obviously wrong. Junked up.

I do thankyou for your thoughts on the Roman Numeral as it is true.. and needed a 2nd opinion

I mainly in my post #23..was curious of a historical combination of all 3 stampings..and yes its a long shot..and most likely untrue as there is nothing to support the combination. Just thinking out loud
    Thanks Gerd . Regards Larry

?

Seems like an old topic here that I never have read before. So, let's do a threadressurection again. :-)
    But I am no also very glad that I can help out here with a nice comparisation with the Gembruch from my collection which is pinned in the SS daggerforum.

Here you go. Please compare.

Ed Gembruch for reference.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3