Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS dagger

Article about: Dear gents, I purchased this SS dagger. Can I have your opinion about if its real and if so when its produced?

Default SS dagger

Dear gents,

I purchased this SS dagger. Can I have your opinion about if its real and if so when its produced?SS daggerSS daggerSS daggerSS dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger
    P
    Many

IMO. At first glance, the dagger itself looks original from the early period 1933/1934 but the blade is heavily cleaned! and the overall condition is not the best I have seen.

I have my concurns about the scabbard I cant say if this belong to this dagger.

1.The scabbard is painted While we anodized expected from this early period, but it could be a repainted early one because the fittings are nickel silver like the crossguards but where are the fitting screws?

2.It can also be a late scabbard where are the nickel silver fittings mounted on that can explain why the screws are missing
    because the screw holes do not match.

Regards Rafael

?

Nothing wrong with the dagger except for the very bad condition.
    Scabbard indeed has issues.
    I hope you didn't payed to much for this dagger.
    Better post here first before you buy.
    This is not a dagger that's gonna sell fast in the future.

Payed 599€ ink shipping. Not to bad for a SS dagger even if some parts are in rough condition. Most SS daggers sells exstremly fast as I have seen

?

Quote by Berlin45 View Post
    Payed 599€ ink shipping. Not to bad for a SS dagger even if some parts are in rough condition. Most SS daggers sells exstremly fast as I have seen
    Okay, that is still a fair price I guess.
    But believe me when I say that you better should raise more funds to buy a excellent to mint conditioned dagger.
    You gonna be more happy with it afterwords.

Yes I agree with you Krisse. But a ss dagger in mint conditipn cost from 3000$ and up...

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Okay, that is still a fair price I guess.
    But believe me when I say that you better should raise more funds to buy a excellent to mint conditioned dagger.
    You gonna be more happy with it afterwords.
    I know what you mean Kris but that,s not for everyone the objective, for many collectors is something tangible from that time enough and the condition comes on a 2nd or 3rd place

?

Yes I agree with you Krisse. But a ss dagger in mint conditipn cost from 3000$ and up...
    Yes, I know. But I mean that also a bit as a challenge.
    The SS daggers that I own were bought after a lot of patiance of collecting the funds. Atm I'm doing the same to buy another splendid piece.

Mr Berlin..what was the price of the dagger?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

That was already told a few comments back

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast