Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Dagger 807/36 - opinions need

Article about: Hi all, I would like to know your opinion about this ss dagger marked 807/36. Thanks, Mike

?

Default Re: SS Dagger 807/36 - opinions need

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Mike I feel someone is piecing these daggers together as also the grip on this example does not match the condition of the rest of the dagger. The grip itself has sharp contour ridges. Again also the grip is not period, and it also looks recent compared to your last thread..https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-di...s-need-240326/.
    The scabbard is in very poor condition to the point that it "looks" late period,, but decision I can not make.
    Good eyes Sam and Cody,, the scabbard is a repaint.
    I know this dagger is probably not in your possession and the water mark on the lower right hand corner says "Aukro"...IMO I would save your money as this dagger has almost the same issues as the Eickhorn SS 1938 that you posted,,,and the blade also on this one I feel is good.

Octavian......These mid period daggers did not have any Roman numeral distribution markings to be found on the back of the crossguard as this was reserved for the early period / Pre-RZM daggers,,except RZM 120/34 and 121/34 SS. As far as underneath the guard,, Eickhorn bench marked their daggers,,on early examples,,,but not all the time,, but still nice to see.

My input the grip scares me and does not conform the the outer condition of the dagger.,, the scabbard is hard to tell if it came from Mid or late period. Blade IMO is fine along with the crossguards........BUT.....I would like to see inside the guards and the blade tang of course. Who is Aukro?? Regards Larry

Hi Larry,
    the Aukro is auction portal where this dagger is listed. It is mean I can maybe get more pictures but after opinions listed below it makes no sense.
    Mike

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger 807/36 - opinions need
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Dagger 807/36 - opinions need

Mike your a good guy.. to post these daggers on this forum and I salute you for that,, but dont take it personal,, the last thing any of us wants is to see anyone get burned from a bad dagger example,,,,,Auctions are big gamble if your dealing with them for the first time,,, even Auctions need to be researched,,,just a note. I hope at least from the 2 that you have posted that you are becoming more aware of the details to look for and the time periods that certain parts were produced. Keep studying,, we are here to help. Thanks again for your threads. Looking forward to more!! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2