Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS dagger 941/37 SS

Article about: This is the dagger my friend. Is okay?, What are your views please, thank you. Regards Michael

Default SS dagger 941/37 SS

This is the dagger my friend. Is okay?, What are your views please, thank you. Regards Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger 941/37 SS   SS dagger 941/37 SS  

SS dagger 941/37 SS   SS dagger 941/37 SS  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger 941/37 SS
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS dagger 941/37 SS

Ok Gents,,TEST TIME!! I brought this post back to the top as there were no replies given on this dagger. This member is long gone as his last post was November 2010. ...So??..........Lets get some opinions on this Mid period transitional,,,and please do not ask for better photos,,as I said,, its TEST TIME and lets see what everyone has learned to date. The photo enlargement is most excellent. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Is eickhorn rzm number 941/37 or is it 941/38? That's my guess for this logo. I know the other logo on the ss trans dagger is 36.

May I ask what your thoughts are on this Larry?

Repainted grip ( and scabbard ? ), no markings on the crossguard,
    more wear to the blade than outside, and a super rusty nut.

Re-worked SA - or a 'parts' dagger.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks walkwolf. I'm on my iPhone therefore couldn't enlarge the pictures. Am I incorrect on the code?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Thanks walkwolf. I'm on my iPhone therefore couldn't enlarge the pictures. Am I incorrect on the code?
    For transitional dagger,
    with this logo, it should be 941/38.
    I hope I'm not wrong.

Regards
    Vedran
    Last edited by Rancid66; 11-27-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Okay this is what I see as this is my opinion and i am leaning on Walkwolfs reply more,,but on agreement with the repainted scabbard/ grip and late period tang nut..First,,YouthCollector and Rancid66 are in the right ball park with the Eickhorn codes. Youthcollector is right for a mid period transitional having the logo and Rzm number,,and Rancid,, you are close as there was also a 941/37 SS same style as the 1938. These 2 years only,, are identical with this style.
    Mid period SS daggers did not have distribution Roman numerals as this was for only early period. Come 1936,,those Roman numerals disappeared,,except for a rare occurence of one showing up,,on a parts dagger or it was a confirmed Vet bring back.
    The upper crossguard has some lifting on the edges closest to the grip,,and YES!! The grip is repainted most horribly.
    My opinion also,, its a parts dagger.
    Another observation,, which is a pet peeve for me,, is never to lay any dagger on a cement or brick type surface. The collector is asking for it,,where there is a possibility of scratching.
    These are my observations,,but I would like to hear more input if I missed anything or if someone disagrees with the posted findings. We are here to learn. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry, thanks for INFO.

Regards
    Vedran

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast