Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SS Dagger Abr. Herder - New or Real?

Article about: Hello, I'm new to the forum and I recently came across a SS dagger allegedly manufactured by Abr Herder. The SS dagger appears to be in really good condition, and for a Abr Herder dagger tha

Default SS Dagger Abr. Herder - New or Real?

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I recently came across a SS dagger allegedly manufactured by Abr Herder. The SS dagger appears to be in really good condition, and for a Abr Herder dagger that's kinda strange. The cross guards appear to be one of the special kind for high ranked SS officers. They claim it's "upgraded", implying that they added on repro, the person before did, or they were added on in the past or it's just fake. The roundel appears to be a bit silver like, which seems like an issue. The handle is in good condition, looks like wood but is shocking for an Abr Herder. The blade has some wear, which looks like normal wear. My assumption is, it's a fake that looks someone decent to me, or a parts dagger (mismatched original and reproduction parts). The dealer claims this original. Can anyone please help me? Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger Abr. Herder - New or Real?
    P
    Many

thank you! That's what I figured, as the blade looks the most real. the scariest part to me is definitely the eagle, as its way too good looking for an early manufacture SS dagger

Anyone claiming its been " upgraded " is having a 6 cylinder car making it into a 7 cylinder.
    Dont believe the BS from dealers unless they can produce documentive support of its authenticity.

Its why these forums exist to safe guard the prospective buyer from being lied to and taken advantaged of.

So many daggers have been hacked and assembled making them into something they are not.
    I see that this dagger for being an early type resembles after being raped over a late type assembly by monkeys.
    Too many gaps for this supposing to appear to be an SS honor dagger.

Whats the asking price of this beauty ?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It's an auction at around 400 as of now. I was contemplating on bidding on it, but if its useless then obviously I won't. So basically the dagger is basically an early blade with late SS dagger handle with a set of fake cross guards? Strange.

Too heavily messed with to have any real collector value. It's been played around with postwar, and is therefore no longer in 'original' condition. As someone who learned their lesson the hard way, I'd advise you to save up some money and go looking for a better example from a respected dealer, and not to throw your money away on something simply because it is cheap.

If it's cheap, it's cheap for a reason. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. That goes for everything, not just SS daggers.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by waffen34 View Post
    It's an auction at around 400 as of now.
    thats the only detail I needed to hear ...for something if it was authentic the bidding would of began in the thousands.

walk away dont waste your time.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I see, thank you!

The dealer has numerous different items for auction starting at 10 bucks. They're on gunbroker, if you want to check them out let me know.