Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Dagger Authenticity?

Article about: As described in my thread in the main forum, I have had a death in the family and we are trying to determine the authenticity of some of these SS daggers. I have no idea if they are fake or

Default SS Dagger Gold Lettering Authenticity?

As described in my thread in the main forum, I have had a death in the family and we are trying to determine the authenticity of some of these SS daggers. I have no idea if they are fake or not as I am not into daggers or knives in general. In help would be more than appreciated.

Top and Bottom Pictures

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger Authenticity?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Dagger RZ 1211/39 Authenticity?

It is something special if real, I can't tell you but I'll watch with interest.

I have never seen one with a gold inscription before, the eagle does not look like its fitted to the handle very well either

As Andy pointed out, very special or .........

The insignia seems strange IMO. I would like to see what Larry has to say.

A modern fake Damascus bladed Model 1933.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I've just done a bit of a hunt, and I think the only producer of honour daggers (if that is what this blade is trying to be) was Eickhorn. The grip eagle is very questionable too as the guys say. I'm skeptical but curious.

?

Surely that eagle inlet is iffy.

Default Re: SS Dagger Authenticity?

I put the wrong darn code/picture of the maker. Fixing shortly

Well....First welcome to the forum Plutonius,,sorry to hear about your misfortune in your family...unfortunately for your first visit here it is bad news. The whole dagger is a put together,,and the only part that is real that I think ,, could be the runes button and the grip. The blade itself is fantasy as EP&S did not make Mid period transitional daggers...including ones with honor inscriptions. The blade is junk. The scabbard is a modern repro found in some edged weapon stores that sell fantasy knives. The logo is the stamped variety seen with these types. Someone who had an original repro at one time made it into a fake repro...2nd generation fake. This dagger IMO is not worth anything and will not sell in the open market. Again sorry for your family`s misfortune but this dagger will not bring any monetary value. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Well....First welcome to the forum Plutonius,,sorry to hear about your misfortune in your family...unfortunately for your first visit here it is bad news. The whole dagger is a put together,,and the only part that is real that I think ,, could be the runes button and the grip. The blade itself is fantasy as EP&S did not make Mid period transitional daggers...including ones with honor inscriptions. The blade is junk. The scabbard is a modern repro found in some edged weapon stores that sell fantasy knives. The logo is the stamped variety seen with these types. Someone who had an original repro at one time made it into a fake repro...2nd generation fake. This dagger IMO is not worth anything and will not sell in the open market. Again sorry for your family`s misfortune but this dagger will not bring any monetary value. Regards Larry
    Thanks for your help Larry!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast