MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

ss dagger blade only

Article about: yes its up to me if i sell or keep it its not much good to me is it,i am not even in to this collecting,

?

Default ss dagger blade only

ss dagger blade only please see pics made by carl eickhorn The blade is still nice and bright. It has a couple of minor age stains here and there but nothing severe The SS motto, “Meine Ehre heist Treue” is still crisp never been fitted ,to a dagger brought back from germany after ww2 by my late grand father,
    sorry about poor pics its my poor old iphone 3, is the blade worth any thing i really dont know looking forward to your thinking on this one, thanks from simon
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss dagger  blade only   ss dagger  blade only  

ss dagger  blade only   ss dagger  blade only  

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by babasi; 08-21-2012 at 10:04 AM. Reason: new pics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss dagger  blade only
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: ss dagger blade only

Nice looking blade but please dont handle the blade with your fingers, the natural oils in your skin will mark the metal, try to use a cloth or a cotton glove when handling blades, also wipe the blade down with a clean cloth now that you've handled it to remove finger marks
    Regards Dave

?

wow your so right ive heard that before, thank you for the advice sir, i really dont know what to do with it its never been fitted to a dagger as there no theard on the skiny part thanks

?

The fact that theres no thread on the tang suggests its a non issued item, possibly taken from the factory like that, in my opinion this makes this somewhat a rarity as I've never seen one like it, but wait for more opinions, it could be a relatively pricey item

Quote by babasi View Post
    wow your so right ive heard that before, thank you for the advice sir, i really dont know what to do with it its never been fitted to a dagger as there no theard on the skiny part thanks
    If you measure the tang from blade to tip, someone will be able to tell you if the thread part has been broken off.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

my grandfather was a vet from ww2 and came back with a lovely collection of daggers .firearms .the firearms were handed in to the police many years ago, he did say he visted a factory once .shame i cant ask him as he died a few months back hence the collection is in my hands, and i am not really a collector,theres other stuff german unforms etc, a pile of k98s bayonets i mean,

?

would there be any markings on the tang ?

?

There may not be as its an unfinished item but i'm not sure if the tangs were marked on german daggers, my KM dagger is'nt marked on the tang not that i can see anyway

In Simons 4th pic, the tang does look somewhat shorter. Could be 'paralax'
    of the lens, but the threaded end could also have been broken off
    at some point. Even so, it will have a value.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I looked at that as well Steve,but look along the outer edge, there appears to be a flange of uncut metal that extends all the way upto the very end , admittedly its difficult to judge especially when you cant enlarge the photos!!!, but it certainly would be a talking piece

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast