Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS dagger Boker

Article about: Please help me authenticate this piece. It's in excellent condition, just hope the logo isn't "too good". Really trying to do my homework!

Quote by texasuberalles View Post
    The hammer 'hits' on the front and the runes area damage is problematic.
    I think it should warrant a discount and not a 'double up'.

It's not going to heel up and hair over...…….it does have a nice blade and
    the early snout hanger looks choice.

Just out of curiosity; how much is a double up?
    I don't want it to be perceived as "slamming" the dagger - but I also don't think that it deserves a "2X" price. A couple of additional images that I hope shows why (I would for myself) be asking for a discount. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger Boker   SS dagger Boker  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger Boker
    P
    Many

Good eyes, FP

The Böker looks OK to me, albeit with the issue around the rune button. I don't know if the button has been relaxed or perhaps it was a flake of ebony that became dislodged and was glued back?

Let's assume the dagger's condition meets your specifications, fine. But when "a premium" means double what comparable daggers are selling for, I say why is that? Is there something special about this dagger? If not, I'd suggest walk away and wait for one that is period, nicely conditioned and priced to reflect the buyer's market we currently have.

?

Quote by Billy G View Post
    The Böker looks OK to me, albeit with the issue around the rune button. I don't know if the button has been relaxed or perhaps it was a flake of ebony that became dislodged and was glued back?

Let's assume the dagger's condition meets your specifications, fine. But when "a premium" means double what comparable daggers are selling for, I say why is that? Is there something special about this dagger? If not, I'd suggest walk away and wait for one that is period, nicely conditioned and priced to reflect the buyer's market we currently have.
    Well Billy unfortunate this "buyers market"has not found its way to Europe, and to be honest it does not reflect what i see pricewise at the large dealers like LST, Wittmann or Johnson.

I fully agree on the first part, if you wanne spend your good money buy one without issues, as this one most have a VERY good price if one should ignore its issues.

Ger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2