Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Dagger Carl Eickhorn RZM M7/66 SS 1938 - opinions need

Article about: Hello, I would like to know your opinions about above mentioned ss dagger. The lenght of blade is 21.6cm (8.5inch). All opinions are welcome. I hope there is enough pictures. Thank you , Mik

Default Re: SS Dagger Carl Eickhorn RZM M7/66 SS 1938 - opinions need

The "M" that is on "M/7... is a metal license prefix,, and does not represent the SA or HJ or any organization. The 7 stands for metal or edged weapon.
    Here is a list of RZM prefixes....M/1 insignia...M/2 sub contractors...M/3 symbols and emblems....M/4 Belt buckles...M/5 uniform accessories...M/6 alluminum products....M/7 daggers...M/7h ( not seen ) dagger sub contractors....M/8 metal accessories....M/9 Tinnies...M/10 musical instruments...M/11 NSDAP long service medals....M/12 NSDAP miniature long service medals,,,,....So yes in a sense the "M" stands for metal but designated by the number 7 which stands for daggers in the License prefix category.
    The RZM did not make daggers as some new collectors seem to think by the number on the blade in place of the logo. It was a control ID number of that maker. More or less the NSDAP wanted to streamline everything they had their hands on, and replace all goods related to the political party with a number. You will not see any RZM numbers on Non political daggers,,,ei:...Army Navy Luftwaffe etc. Just the SA SS HJ NSKK,,I beleive NPEA also but could be mistaken on that one.
    If Germany would of won the war,, IMO we might see alot of products from metal to clothing with RZM tags insted of brand name tags like the early makers we see on Daggers....but thats a thought for the twilight zone
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger Carl Eickhorn RZM M7/66 SS 1938 - opinions need
    P
    Many

Amazing information Larry. Thank you kindly for the contribute!

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The "M" that is on "M/7... is a metal license prefix,, and does not represent the SA or HJ or any organization. The 7 stands for metal or edged weapon.
    Here is a list of RZM prefixes....M/1 insignia...M/2 sub contractors...M/3 symbols and emblems....M/4 Belt buckles...M/5 uniform accessories...M/6 alluminum products....M/7 daggers...M/7h ( not seen ) dagger sub contractors....M/8 metal accessories....M/9 Tinnies...M/10 musical instruments...M/11 NSDAP long service medals....M/12 NSDAP miniature long service medals,,,,....So yes in a sense the "M" stands for metal but designated by the number 7 which stands for daggers in the License prefix category.
    The RZM did not make daggers as some new collectors seem to think by the number on the blade in place of the logo. It was a control ID number of that maker. More or less the NSDAP wanted to streamline everything they had their hands on, and replace all goods related to the political party with a number. You will not see any RZM numbers on Non political daggers,,,ei:...Army Navy Luftwaffe etc. Just the SA SS HJ NSKK,,I beleive NPEA also but could be mistaken on that one.
    If Germany would of won the war,, IMO we might see alot of products from metal to clothing with RZM tags insted of brand name tags like the early makers we see on Daggers....but thats a thought for the twilight zone
    Hi Larry,
    thank you for your reply. I would like to ask you if you need pictures of the blade from both sides to decide about blade? Or I will send you other pictures you will need. Please let me know. And this dagger is for 400,-US, it is not from dealer.
    Mike

Hi Mike ,, yes please,, if you may can you post a photo back and front full length and also if you can put a ruler or tape measure from Blade shoulders to the tip of the blade,, this way the other members can give their opinions also.
    Cant beat $400 US for an SS dagger with some issues. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Mike ,, yes please,, if you may can you post a photo back and front full length and also if you can put a ruler or tape measure from Blade shoulders to the tip of the blade,, this way the other members can give their opinions also.
    Cant beat $400 US for an SS dagger with some issues. Regards Larry
    Hi Larry,
    here are pictures of the blade. Blade lenght from shoulder to the tip of the blade is 25.6cm (8.5inch) overall lenght is 33cm (13inch)
    Mike

SS Dagger Carl Eickhorn RZM M7/66 SS 1938 - opinions needSS Dagger Carl Eickhorn RZM M7/66 SS 1938 - opinions needSS Dagger Carl Eickhorn RZM M7/66 SS 1938 - opinions needSS Dagger Carl Eickhorn RZM M7/66 SS 1938 - opinions needSS Dagger Carl Eickhorn RZM M7/66 SS 1938 - opinions needSS Dagger Carl Eickhorn RZM M7/66 SS 1938 - opinions needSS Dagger Carl Eickhorn RZM M7/66 SS 1938 - opinions needSS Dagger Carl Eickhorn RZM M7/66 SS 1938 - opinions need

Hi Mike, thanx for the photos,, and the metric ruler. The dagger overall measures to specs and the motto to shoulder measures at 25mm. The tang looks ok for its shape as it is not fat. The tang looks to be painted silver for reasons unknown and hinders a precise answer on the tang markings. I will go out on a limb on this next comment,, as I came close to matching the font from 9 other motto Eickhorn variants,,and this one comes close to being a motto used on a Rohm dagger. I am not 100% sure,, but it is very close. If this is the case it is possible that this Rohm blade was returned to the factory for a professional regrain but was never reissued until 1938. This is just speculation ,and from what I see by the font style in the seriffs of the lettering. Looks close!. Overall the blade measures up but this is only from what I see in a photo. In time I hope you get a period dagger with all matching parts. The grip is bad,,and the tip looks like it was repointed as the other members have said. My opinion save your $400 and put it towards a better example,,,,to many issues on this one. Go for an early maker as the history and quality is all there. Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 12-01-2012 at 03:45 PM.

?

Hi all,
    here are close up pictures of blade tang. Both letters H are embossed. The tang is not painted by color, I made acetone test.
    MikeSS Dagger Carl Eickhorn RZM M7/66 SS 1938 - opinions needSS Dagger Carl Eickhorn RZM M7/66 SS 1938 - opinions needSS Dagger Carl Eickhorn RZM M7/66 SS 1938 - opinions needSS Dagger Carl Eickhorn RZM M7/66 SS 1938 - opinions needSS Dagger Carl Eickhorn RZM M7/66 SS 1938 - opinions needSS Dagger Carl Eickhorn RZM M7/66 SS 1938 - opinions needSS Dagger Carl Eickhorn RZM M7/66 SS 1938 - opinions need

Hi Mike the previous owner went to town wire brushing this down,,,,I myself dont see this blade being an issue unless someone else has some thoughts on this. I like the Eickhorn and RZM logo very much. Regards Larry

?

Quote by Normandie View Post
    Yes, the handle I do not like.
    I have a SS Dagger myself, though I am not very good with them... yet
    Any pics of your dagger?

K.

?

Quote by Krikke1980 View Post
    Any pics of your dagger?

K.