Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS dagger(Emil schmitz?)

Article about: hey guys, I am purchasing these two SS daggers from a seller who found them in the addict. They look all period to me, can`t spot the flaws on this one(hope i am right this time). The blades

A good woodwork find of an early all nickel ground Rohm serialized Eickhorn. In my opinion, the grip eagle has been replaced-possibly even period done, from the looks of the wear around it. The serial number is correct and also period, in my opinion. The grip nut was, at one time, over-tightened, probably due to the grip wood shrinkage. Unfortunately, it has resulted in a crack. A 4 number serial number could possibly indicate an early member-perhaps even a Blood Order and/Gold Party Badge owner. It would benefit greatly from a good clean up with Simichrome.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger(Emil schmitz?)
    P
    Many

Larry C pretty much summed it up on these two, I guess his brother Harry is on vacation :-P

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Absolutely agree..lets wait for Harry ...while we are waiting for his Input..I will give my thoughts.

I will be speaking about the Eickhorn dagger as I have given my thoughts on the Boker in a separate thread. From what i can see..is yet another crusty find..which appears to be a SS Ground Rohm. That being said is the reason why the small double oval used for these type daggers..which is close to the crossguard.
    This dagger had been opened at least once as seen on the tang nut...BUT...seem to have been untouched since that time. I see no stress or swirls which leaves me to think this was done during the period which this opening may allow for what i have noticed as a restamping of an SS number over a prexisting one . Take a closer look and you will see some type of image beneath the stamped numbers above.

I dont have a reason why this early dagger was restamped and could be for any number of reasons...one mainly I know of that has happened to most Rohm daggers..was a dagger returned to be ground down..and then reissued. What doesnt make sense..is the low number that was applied above a lower number?? Not sure of this and why.

We know these Rohm daggers had to be ground down ( Name or inscription removal ) after the Rohm purge of June 30 1934. The numbers do appear period which I am cautiously optimistic about. The grip has me worried a bit as someone had a go at the grip eagle as seen on the right wing tip being dug out. The grip eagle does not appear to be an Eickhorn eagle..which may mean nothing....yet the Runes button fits what is seen on these types.

(( Still waiting for Harry ))

I like this dagger also but have some reservations I am unsure of with the stamping..and the grip eagle..but leaning towards being good. I would like to hear some opinions from the SS Uniform forum Gents there ..and their thoughts on the early stamping or any local knowledge here with our own Dagger members.... and how it would coincide with being stamped on top of another at such an early date with a low numbered SS Mann . Regards Larry
    Hahaha, now I got it. Harry/Larry... Sorry mate.

Hello gentlemen

I have see the daggers on mark place Netherlands and it seem to me original daggers only the quality is not so good especially the eickhorn is difficult to sell for a good price.
    I also have a carl eickhorn ground rohm ss with number maybe it is something to compare.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger(Emil schmitz?)   SS dagger(Emil schmitz?)  

SS dagger(Emil schmitz?)   SS dagger(Emil schmitz?)  

SS dagger(Emil schmitz?)  

I was going to ask you about the daggers aswel^^. I like your site it gives good information about SA and SS daggers. This one is nothing compared to the one you own, yours is a stunning piece with nice documentation. I said yes to the seller on the condition that both dagger were original and sellable. I know that Rafealdaggers had nice Boker for sale not so long ago, but i am not sure on what to ask for the Carl Eickhorn. I do not have to get rich from this dagger, but if i buy them both like the seller wants i need to able to sell it for the right amount of moneny(making the Boker not too expensive). Does anyone have an idea of what to ask for this piece?
    Thanks again guys!!

Regards, Job

Are you looking to pick these daggers up for the sole purpose of instantly reselling them for profit?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I was going to ask you about the daggers aswel^^. I like your site it gives good information about SA and SS daggers. This one is nothing compared to the one you own, yours is a stunning piece with nice documentation. I said yes to the seller on the condition that both dagger were original and sellable. I know that Rafealdaggers had nice Boker for sale not so long ago, but i am not sure on what to ask for the Carl Eickhorn. I do not have to get rich from this dagger, but if i buy them both like the seller wants i need to able to sell it for the right amount of moneny(making the Boker not too expensive). Does anyone have an idea of what to ask for this piece?
    Thanks again guys!!

Regards, Job

I want to sell the Carl Eickhorn( i pref fast but not too cheap). the Boker i want to keep i think, never say never. I want a SS dagger for some time now. First thing i learned buy good stuff.
    Buying two SS daggers at the same time is just too expensive for me(in the long run). Reason i want to sell one, but i want to keep the best one.

If i pay 5k for these getting a profit is no easy task. I am collecting here(sacrifice one piece over the other).

Thank you I do my best to give good information to lovers of this type of daggers. I would not recommend getting a ss dagger to buy and then sell, this is more difficult than you think, for the real collectors the condition is not good enough. prices are very tricky it is just what a crazy man gives. The Boker is much better only the scabbard has a lot of wear.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast