MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS dagger(Emil schmitz?)

Article about: hey guys, I am purchasing these two SS daggers from a seller who found them in the addict. They look all period to me, can`t spot the flaws on this one(hope i am right this time). The blades

?

I have some doubt's about the seller, he told me:

- he's sorry he took a while to respond. for 5000E i would turn on my phone in a hospital or plane...
    - his great aunt (his aunts mother) died last year(so 7 or more months ago)
    - The eickhorn for sale at marktplaats.nl has E.G. Schmitz his number on it. the boker differs.
    - he quote's some information found in this thread i believe with some dates and ranks for a E.G. Schimtz.
    - then he speculates about some nasty undercover shit which may explain why a second dagger with another stamp could he of the same SS-er.
    - he isn't willing to give me picture because hes quoted and rated on forii, specifically this one among others.
    - and they didn't clean them, why the price is that high he doesn't specify.

i plainly replied to him i will discuss the daggers here, because here's more information then i got from someone trying to make 5keuros. Personally i would send naked pictures of a Nazi wearing nothing but a dagger to prove providence if i had it. i wonder if the daggers belong together, if they really came from an attic last year, and what the problem is sending information on a war criminal who is barely related to you, whom died 76 years ago.

I know how to get top dollar for top items, and that's getting them appraised, documented, photographed and distributing all relevant information to anyone who ask specifically. who cares about what their german great grand uncle did in the war, it would be worse if he was with the dutch resistance ain't it? i don't think i know anyone in my family that unrelated to me, and i've got m family tree back to the 15th century.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger(Emil schmitz?)
    P
    Many

Is this seller's name Pawel Nowack?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Is this seller's name Pawel Nowack?
    Hahahaha Touche' G-man
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Buy the dagger not the story...why people need to create so much drama..and excuses to sell something. Just give the photos !!

But its the photos that scares them the most into hiding something.

Axium..if this guy is giving you a song and dance..then Walk away ..not worth your time to play games. He really doesnt need your patronage or your money as you ask too many intelligent questions..which you are the type of person he doesnt want to sell to because of that.
    Hes looking for a dummy to sell to..which supports what Wagriff had said above.
    You done well

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I understand, larry, but am i far off, as a newb on this topic, to highly question that there is a real relation with these two daggers? i got the gut feeling someone is trying to dump a nicer dagger with a less disireable one with some cute story?

am i wrong when i question someone from not providing me fast with every picture of anything at any angle if he is to expect his full asking price of 5000 euro's?

Am i wrong if i think both daggers without providence are only worth 2000 euro's at most together?

these 3 conclusions based for 90% at the communication, or lack there off, and the other 10% on vague pictures while my fracking phone even has 13 megapixels... i can send emails as large as i want nowadays, compared to a 300kb limit on jpg attachments in 2000AD.

for these amounts of hard currency people should jump through hoops is my experience, doesn't matter if its a 10y old car or a first edition expensive book.

why is the ss/nssk/sa dagger market so tricky and the prices so inflated? its like comparing F~S Daggers to trench art, 95% of genuine F~S Fighting knives are easy to date, verify and figure out a descent price, while trench art can't really be verified, nor dated to the specific theater of war, wand prices vary from scrapyard to auction house levels.

I'm really interested into getting into these German daggers, because i like the look and feel, but whatever i post there are always so many pitfalls...

anyone suggest a good book, i would like to see a book with pictures of every rzm m11/xxx Sa dagger manufacturer so i can look up the article, specific differences that conform the rzm manufacturer code, model and date. I have some on F~S Daggers, US USMC Fighting knives and O.S.S. Raider stiletto's etc, but i haven't found a good sa/ss book in my library.

its a bit taboo here in the Netherlands, even if its 76 years ago, and everyone who was her then died already. of the people who liberated my city there's only 5 still living, 2 if you exclude the ones who also bombed my city doing so.

If the seller is playing games with you and telling you absurdities, then Avoid him and do No Business with him-no matter how tempting he makes it sound. No legitimate seller would be doing this nonsense. There are Plenty of honest and reputable sellers out there to pick from, and, yes-they all will ship to Europe. This guy is talking like a crook and worse..Acting like one. Pursuing a deal with him can only lead to trouble.

"for these amounts of hard currency people should jump through hoops is my experience, doesn't matter if its a 10y old car or a first edition expensive book."

Absolutely! Your instincts are right on and are screaming at you to hear them, but the temptation of a good deal and a nice find is deafening you to them. If this guy is acting like this and telling ridiculous stories to lure you in, then he's anathema. Sadly, the hobby is Full of clowns like this. If you have the money, go to a legitimate dealer like Paul Hogle at Lakesidetrader.com or any number of real dealers. These things are not That rare that you cannot find Good trustable ones all over.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I do have the budget, but have to spread it thin over my other way too expensive hobbies. i know i can get a fair sa/ss dagger if i just wait for it, learn about them, and strike when no one is looking. my budget is up to 800 euro's, and they're there, but i will have to have patience. I'm not planning to buy any of the german daggers i am posting, i just want to know if my impressions and doubts are right. i have a SA m7/93 in my scopes for 400 euro's, everything seems legit, but i can't find a image of the same manufacturer. so i do nothing, and wait what it sells for. i have to be 110% sure it is what it is.

i'm quite busy with 2 Fairbairn & sykes 2nd pattern, used in my hometown during operation market garden. a /|\B2 and a WS, i know enough about those to make a profit, because i have nicer examples of both exact daggers. i'm more into the sheats.

i hope to be that knowledgeable about german edged weapons sometime.

?

Quote by Axium View Post
    I have some doubt's about the seller, he told me:

- he's sorry he took a while to respond. for 5000E i would turn on my phone in a hospital or plane...
    - his great aunt (his aunts mother) died last year(so 7 or more months ago)
    - The eickhorn for sale at marktplaats.nl has E.G. Schmitz his number on it. the boker differs.
    - he quote's some information found in this thread i believe with some dates and ranks for a E.G. Schimtz.
    - then he speculates about some nasty undercover shit which may explain why a second dagger with another stamp could he of the same SS-er.
    - he isn't willing to give me picture because hes quoted and rated on forii, specifically this one among others.
    - and they didn't clean them, why the price is that high he doesn't specify.

i plainly replied to him i will discuss the daggers here, because here's more information then i got from someone trying to make 5keuros. Personally i would send naked pictures of a Nazi wearing nothing but a dagger to prove providence if i had it. i wonder if the daggers belong together, if they really came from an attic last year, and what the problem is sending information on a war criminal who is barely related to you, whom died 76 years ago.

I know how to get top dollar for top items, and that's getting them appraised, documented, photographed and distributing all relevant information to anyone who ask specifically. who cares about what their german great grand uncle did in the war, it would be worse if he was with the dutch resistance ain't it? i don't think i know anyone in my family that unrelated to me, and i've got m family tree back to the 15th century.
    I contacted Ross Kelbaugh for the number and he confirmed that the owner (Van Dijk) asked him to research the SS number that's on this dagger.
    The number is also correct for Emil Schmitz.

There is no real documentation found with the daggers (as far as he told me). He asked Kelbaugh for the information and he turned up with a lot of documentation.
    I know the guy who is selling them and the daggers are really there(also good).

I have all the pictures and I am free to give them to you if you like(posted here aswell).
    This guy is a bit of a hard one!! I mainly deal with his nephew. Van Dijk has no knowledge about the daggers but thinks he knows they are rare.

There will always be the question why are there 2 daggers for this one Person.

Keeping the daggers together seems nice, but there is no way to ever find out if they both belonged to Emil. His nephew told me that all of the stuff was send to the dump and not much was saved.

As for your budget. IMO you can`t buy a good ss dagger for 800 euro`s. Even the nice Late RZM pieces go for at least 1300 or higher. The two things that are left to do with 800 is to find a family who still owns one and is willing to sell them(without knowing the value) or find someone who is in need of money. A couple weeks back a guy with a big dagger collection contacted me and said i was being greedy when i asked for a nice original ss dagger(not parted). He said: most ss daggers are parted anyways, finding one that is in the same way as it came out of the factory is very rare. For 800 euro a parted dagger is possible, but IMO not a good ss dagger.

But this is just how i look at it.

I have seen nice SA daggers go for like 300 so it could be possible for a nice SS dagger, but it will be hard.

The problem with these two dagger is that he thinks he found gold, still has to find out these are daggers.

Regards, Job

finding information and making sure that your purchase is really the one is the most important thing. I completely agree with you on that. Some one offered me a nice ss dagger two weeks a go, it was good but i did not get the feeling it was the one.

I hope you find a nice dagger for the right price!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast