Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb Hammesfahr

Article about: Hi there! I'm selling this dagger in the Classifieds section, and would like to share it with you, and contrast opinions about it. So any information would be welcomed. Thanks!

Default SS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb Hammesfahr

Hi there!

I'm selling this dagger in the Classifieds section, and would like to share it with you, and contrast opinions about it. So any information would be welcomed.

Thanks!

SS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb HammesfahrSS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb HammesfahrSS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb HammesfahrSS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb Hammesfahr

SS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb Hammesfahr
    SS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb HammesfahrSS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb HammesfahrSS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb HammesfahrSS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb HammesfahrSS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb HammesfahrSS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb HammesfahrSS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb HammesfahrSS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb HammesfahrSS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb HammesfahrSS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb HammesfahrSS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb HammesfahrSS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb HammesfahrSS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb HammesfahrSS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb HammesfahrSS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb HammesfahrSS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb HammesfahrSS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb HammesfahrSS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb HammesfahrSS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb Hammesfahr
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb Hammesfahr  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger first model 1933 by Gottlieb Hammesfahr
    P
    Many

?

It was on my request that William posted the dagger here for review. My concern is that the blade has been laser etched. (Inscription aswell as makerlogo.)
    Also the lower crossguard doesn't have a districtmarking.
    Eagle and SS-button are replaced aswell imo.

Other opinions are welcome please because I don't want to be the only bringer of bad news.
    Sorry William. Cheers.

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    It was on my request that William posted the dagger here for review.
    Other opinions are welcome .
    I'd suggest that if you want an 'unbiased' evaluation that you would have withheld your own thoughts on the dagger to see if others conclusions were the same? Then there would be uninfluenced confirmation.

?

Quote by meyerse View Post
    I'd suggest that if you want an 'unbiased' evaluation that you would have withheld your own thoughts on the dagger to see if others conclusions were the same? Then there would be uninfluenced confirmation.
    Why? I just pointed out my opinion which is my right here.
    And I'm sure that if I'm wrong , which I hope, the other daggerguys are not going to be influenced by what I wrote.
    You can be sure of that!

Btw, you may leave your uninfluenced opinion to if you will...

I think I came off incorrectly. I often wonder if I make a statement weather others follow that move.
    I have no doubt you have good information, just wonder if it hits home more if there is an indepent confirmation. That is to say when I have some reservations about an item, I don't say what I think is wrong, just an observation.
    I have no opinion at all on this, wasn't trying to insult and believe me I won't be back to see how this pans out! (despite my curiosity)

Cool down Gents.......my opinion is not influenced by anyone elses no matter who they are..but my thoughts and opinions are based on study and research.
    Nothing wrong with asking a member for a request to post an item for discussion ..which the buyer would be at a disadvantage if he find out later it had issues.

Krisse points out observations of details which should be looked at with more sets of eyes..to confirm whether he is wrong or right. The truth be found on this forum.

The photos provided as far as the etch is concerned are not the best..and would request sharper more focused ones if at all possible.

Both crossguards resemble more like Boker guards having that turned up end appearance only known to Boker. This dagger has been apart quite a few times and the late period tang nut nails the coffin shut IMO. More opinions are welcome.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Okey...to address concerns. The grip is almost certainly not right. As said, the grip eagle has been replaced and the runes button is also likely as well. The grip wood fit to the lower guards is too far off to be allowed for with normal shrinkage and the upper guard does not look to line up properly either. Hammesfahr had a very high quality standard for their products. The grip nut is in extremely rough condition-which does not match up with the upper guard. I do not like the blade and tang fit to the lower guard and as for the etch, the photos are not clear or close enough to get an accurate assessment, but from what I can see of it, I am not comfortable at all with it. There are other points that I am not liking, but this is sufficient. This is not a dagger that I would have in my collection.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I put a hold on the dagger and PM sent to the Original poster..until a compromise can be made in the details of the classified ad.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by meyerse View Post
    I think I came off incorrectly. I often wonder if I make a statement weather others follow that move.
    I have no doubt you have good information, just wonder if it hits home more if there is an indepent confirmation. That is to say when I have some reservations about an item, I don't say what I think is wrong, just an observation.
    I have no opinion at all on this, wasn't trying to insult and believe me I won't be back to see how this pans out! (despite my curiosity)
    You are always welcome here mate. Cheers.

Good morning gents.

Serious problems with this one, the blade is an aged replica unfortunately.

Gottlieb Hammesfahr blades have been faked unfortunately. Luckily the colour of the steel is wrong, the maker mark is slightly narrower than the known originals and the ridge doesn't cross exactly through the pyramid on the makers mark.

best matty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast