MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS dagger and "friends" display

Article about: When you get this stuff its neat to display it,not too many in this area appreciate these ss items.Trying to set up a display in a glass case,any suggestions on displaying these items?Everyt

Thanks Map!My pics never show a true image,too dark, too light,glare etc, this display looks much better in person,trust me.Yeah the red back ground sets it off pretty good,think I will stay with it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger and "friends" display
    P
    Many

Light brown is the early SS color for the SA movement ..also a darker green sets off the black dagger quite nicely.

Yet I would stay with either the National Red color or the early movement light colored brown. Just my thoughts

Best Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 08-20-2018 at 10:02 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Nice looking display.
    I really like the wooden display boxes. I use them for my iron crosses
    and I have a large sized one that holds a lot of my knives.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 08-17-2018 at 02:28 AM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

TWS
    ?

Fantastic dagger Toecutter and really super case Larry.

We remember the Night Rider too.

Thanks TWS!Yeah a great movie Mad Max, never get tired of watching it,but I like all Mel Gibsons movies.I paid 1100.00 for the dagger 20 years ago,wife thought I was crazy at the time, but its about doubled in price since then I think,anyway turned down 2k for it ,its not for sale, I like it too much !Wife dosent mention it these days !Ha
    Last edited by Toecutter; 08-20-2018 at 02:23 AM.

The red background is delightful.

?

Very nicely done! Congrats!

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Thanks guys!I am working on some more displays of my dagger collection,it will take a while to get them right but I appreciate all the help and comments,great forum!

Got an insurance estimate on dagger,its not for sale,agent said 2000.00, in the ball park?
    Last edited by Toecutter; 05-21-2021 at 04:38 AM. Reason: text

Insurance companies and Market value of certain historical items are a far cry from each other and thats all that Insurance company will insure it for.
    Their appraisal is not even close and you would be at a loss.
    Hopefully someone reading this thread can chime in as there was a special antiques insurance agent that are usually at these militaria shows and surely would appraise alot higher.

TC dont settle on that 2k figure..shop around a little more.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast