Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

SS Dagger Gebr Heller

Article about: Hi, Please find pictures of my SS dagger, Any thoughts welcome. Thanks.

?

Default SS Dagger Gebr Heller

Hi, Please find pictures of my SS dagger, Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dagger Gebr Heller   SS Dagger Gebr Heller  

SS Dagger Gebr Heller   SS Dagger Gebr Heller  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger Gebr Heller
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum, I think il go first on this one.

Looks like the early 33' with nickel fittings however it does have the plated type tang nut. Painted scabbard.

No district markings on the lower guard which is odd?

Theres something about the SS runes button. It seems to ride slightly high and is positioned to the left rather than central.

Im gonna be honest and say the blade doesn't look good for 3 reasons;
    A) poor fit to crossguard
    B) The motto's shallow
    C) its a heller and I don't think they even made ss daggers (but will check)

Could we see more pictures in natural light and of the dagger in the scabbard.

very best matty

?

Hi Matty, Thanks for the comments. Heller did make SA Daggers mainly, so this dagger is fairly rare. the Motto is good to me especially compared to most other blades I've seen. The grip fit with the cross guards Is ok. I think most other fits aren't always flush. Some time text books are to precise.

I will post more pictures.

Many thanks Matty.

Hi Dezieo, grip fits spot on, its the blade to the bottom of the crossguard that shows a slight gap with a tad of the shank showing.

Hellers makers mark isn't on any list I have, even the rare makers list.

Heller made a large number of daggers, but, to my knowledge, they never made an SS. Sorry, but the piece posted here is a modern fake with possibly some real parts used. These fake Heller SS first showed up on the market nearly 10 years ago and have been causing trouble ever since. The photos #4 & 6 show best how the grip is Not well fitted-the gaps shown are too wide to be considered shrinkage-and the blade has visible gaps between it and the crossguard. The pommel nut is Extremely scarred and gouged up but nothing else on the whole thing is? One can't truthfully even label this one as an actual Parts dagger, as the blade is a fantasy fake and such a dagger never existed.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Have you been watching Lord of the Rings again! Come back from fantasy and come to reality! Many thanks.

I hope you can get a refund for this one, dezio...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Hi, I think I should get my Friend Mr Wittmann to give you a call to update you on your text book!

Hi Paul welcome to this forum...as was already shown on the GDC ...

SS Dagger Gebr Heller - GermanDaggers.com

I can only echo the comments already made on that forum. Mr. Wittmann knows his trade marks also. Crossgrain and grip is all wrong the rest is parts. Regards Larry

@ Mattty this logo is from Marienthal..where as the anchor logo is from Schmalkalden. the other logo which is deemed "balloonman" is also from Marienthal. These logos are not that rare.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Paul..I copied your thread and placed it here https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...ions-276437-8/

So some good did come out of your posting. It will prove useful for future reference. There are many threads here to read..stay awhile. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast