Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ss dagger genuine?

Article about: Hello chaps Please could I get some opinions on whether this is a genuine ss dagger

Default Ss dagger genuine?

Hello chaps
    Please could I get some opinions on whether this is a genuine ss dagger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss dagger genuine?   Ss dagger genuine?  

Ss dagger genuine?   Ss dagger genuine?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss dagger genuine?
    P
    Many

Looks like an original rzm piece with a repainted scabbard and re-darkened blade motto (the blade appears to have been heavily cleaned/buffed). Some of the fitting plating may have also been "improved?"

Given the issues already pointed out, I would pass on it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Isn't the groves on the crossguards a bit shallow for being SS, or maybe it's just the lifting of the plating that makes it look like it.

Thanks very much for all your help chaps, I will pass on this one!

The depth of the grooves isn't an SS/SA bifurcation, rather just a variation between vintages and makers.

Quote by Title King View Post
    The depth of the grooves isn't an SS/SA bifurcation, rather just a variation between vintages and makers.
    Ok, I was thinking of the Thuringia crossguards, weren't those exclusive to SA:s? But you are right, the groves on different SS:s certainly differs in depth as well.

Merry Christmas!

Martin

Not really exclusive but what was available in necessity at the time of production. Producers outsourced to other producers when in need and when the price was right.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill