Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Dagger, is it legit?

Article about: Friends, I have an opportunity to purchase this SS Dagger, can anyone tell me it it looks right? Thanks in advance for your help! Regards, Russ

?

Default SS Dagger, is it legit?

Friends,

I have an opportunity to purchase this SS Dagger, can anyone tell me it it looks right?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    SS Dagger, is it legit?SS Dagger, is it legit?SS Dagger, is it legit?SS Dagger, is it legit?SS Dagger, is it legit?SS Dagger, is it legit?SS Dagger, is it legit?SS Dagger, is it legit?SS Dagger, is it legit?SS Dagger, is it legit?SS Dagger, is it legit?SS Dagger, is it legit?SS Dagger, is it legit?SS Dagger, is it legit?SS Dagger, is it legit?

Regards,
    Russ

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger, is it legit?
    P
    Many

Hi Russ your in Grays Ferry Area? ..I could give the dagger a hands on inspection if you want..Im in South Philly. About 15min away.

Dagger has been opened. Some details are not favorable.

Regards Larry

Melrose Diner is halfway between us.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hey larry,

I'm in up by the NE airport. I don't have the dagger in hand but thanks for the offer. To me, looks like the maker marks are too good. Otherwise, I'm not that fluent in determining if it's fake or not.

Im leaning on the motto and logo being Laser etched. Give me a shout sometime when your around.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Abit of an unusual dagger. It's a Transitional or MidPeriod and features the proper acid etched Eickhorn maker's mark for the 1936 era. The fittings look to be plated and show plate lift but nothing major. The blade shows crossgraining and a good dark motto etch and is in decent condition, but the painted sheath is in a rougher state. It is abit difficult to tell with the photo, but the grip eagle looks to be aluminum. The grip wood is in good condition and has a nice fit to the guards. I'm not in love with the hanger, as its shape does not match the daggers. I almost would wonder if it's a repro replacement, but this is going only by the photographs.

Overall, I am not seeing alot that has raised too many red flags on this one. I like the early all nickel daggers, but that's just me. Are they asking alot for it? As Larry said, it has been taken apart at one time or another, but many GI's just could Not resist doing this, so it's not overly unusual to see. I guess right now that it pretty much sits at what the asking price is and how much you like it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I dunno,Larry. Under magnification, I'm not seeing much that's saying lazer etch. The letter edges are good but not razor crisp and the Squirrel looks as it should(to me,anyway, but who knows? I'm a hundred and ninety and my eyes are going to hell...lol).
    William

?

William,

The asking price is $1200. I don't have any SS in my collection and thought if this was right, I might add it.

Thanks.

"IF" the etches that Larry has noted are okey-then $1200 would be a top of the price range. But I would Definitely take Larry up on his offer before I'd lay out over a Grand for it.
    William

The scabbard is NSKK having been repainted over an SA scabbard..the same with the grip. IMO this is not representative of an Eickhorn product and not of this mid period production.

As I said in Post #2..." some details are not favorable "

Regards Larry

Other thoughts and comments welcome..until the truth be found.

?

This is great information, thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast