Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

This SS Dagger look OK

Article about: I didn't take the hanger off this time , it was a quick visit . But the sun was out and I had my real camera so I grabbed a few quick shots . Still hoping to close the deal and if I do , I'l

You could well be right,Ger-that could Be Cosmoline on that blade. But, on the safe side, if it Isn't...I'd still bid Low on it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement This SS Dagger look OK
    P
    Many

I figure $2000 would be about the rate for this but of course better photos are required to determine the damage (or lack thereof) to the blade.

CBH
    ?

Thank you all for the replies , I'm trying my best to work a deal on this great dagger ! I will know more early next week , and I will keep you all posted . Thanks again
    Cheers Chris

I've been fooled by lighting/images before, and I'm sure that it will periodically continue into the future. That said - from the images so far I see what looks like grease as well as what could be rust nodules that typically form over heavy pitting on the blade? And a to be determined (with better lighting) scabbard finish. Best Regards, Fred

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    imo its grease.
    If that's the case (which it very well could be) then there should be no problem removing it with a little bit of lacquer thinner without taking the dagger apart or otherwise fooling around with it. PS: The yellowish and black substances on the upper/other parts seems to be grease, with the more worrisome part being the reddish colored material in other locations. Best Regards, Fred

CBH
    ?

The dagger was never apart from the looks of it , I'll keep you all posted . Thanks for the replies
    Chris

Dont take it apart if you get it please, I feel a dagger dies alittle every time it is apart.

CBH
    ?

I won't , I tried the bolt and it was tight . Too tight to be undone by hand .
    I'm still trying as best I can to get this , wish me luck .
    Cheers

CBH
    ?

Just had a chance to take some better photos of the dagger , still not closed any deal yet .
    But I'm working on a deal and hope it works out .
    Cheers

These photos also show the damage to the sheath , I hope this doesn't effect the value too much .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture This SS Dagger look OK   This SS Dagger look OK  

This SS Dagger look OK   This SS Dagger look OK  

Great photos CBH...can you make out what the RZM year is on the vertical hanger?...just curious. It has the 2nd type variant nickel clip....most commonly seen after 1935. The vertical hanger is in great condition IMO..and still holds its worth.
    Without seeing the blade in hand..I am still hopeful that it will clean up a little for you. Sad to see a crushed and split ball on the lower scabbard fitting...but at least it is still on there.
    The grip is dynamite and in great condition..which matches the year. keep us posted and also keep posting photos..if you decide to clean the blade..we are curious of the outcome. Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast