MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

This SS Dagger look OK

Article about: I didn't take the hanger off this time , it was a quick visit . But the sun was out and I had my real camera so I grabbed a few quick shots . Still hoping to close the deal and if I do , I'l

CBH
    ?

I didn't take the hanger off this time , it was a quick visit . But the sun was out and I had my real camera so I grabbed a few quick shots . Still hoping to close the deal and if I do , I'll keep everyone posted on the cleaning . Thanks again for all the replies .
    Cheers Chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement This SS Dagger look OK
    P
    Many

?

Thx Chris for the addition pics.
    It realy shows the rust on the Logo area, unfortunate that a bit more then surface rust, and needs to be taken care of seriously, otherwise spider form cancer can destroy the blade.
    The cosmolean rests that are on the blade will clean up well i think.
    The rust does affect the price, as we are collecting "Blades" but 1500 for the rig would let me draw my wallet quicker then Billy the Kid his gun

Good luck on the purchase

Cheers,
    Ger

I've seen restorationists do repairs on these crushed sheath ball tips. It takes a good craftsman, but that ball Can be straightened out and filled with lead to strengthen it, if you should hate the crushed ball sufficiently to let it bother you, that is....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Rust definitely "affects" the value of a dagger, but this value can be even lower, if you decide to clean the blade.
    When you purchase these dagger, leave it in these state, it is a nice part of history.

Regards
    Vedran

CBH
    ?

Just a quick up date , I was talking to the owner of the dagger today . I believe he is coming to look at some trade items I have for him . So I hope we can close this deal sooner then later . Wish me luck , and I'll keep you all posted .
    Cheers

The Best of Wishes..stay positive and optimistic . Looking forward to having it become a part of the WRF family.......and with better photos Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Just keep a cool head and make the best deal you can. Keep us up to date! Good luck!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3