Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS-Dagger M.7/8

Article about: Hallo show my SS 1933

Default SS-Dagger M.7/8

Hallo
    show my SS 1933
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Dagger M.7/8   SS-Dagger M.7/8  

SS-Dagger M.7/8   SS-Dagger M.7/8  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Dagger M.7/8
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS-Dagger M.7/8

OK Gents,, Quite a few things going on here with this SS dagger,,Can you name them?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I can see lots of finger prints Larry!

On this SS dagger I see 3.. and maybe 4.. issues going on with this dagger. These are quite easy to spot and I will list numbers only and I would like to see who can see what I see. One observation I see is something that is acceptable,,but quite ridiculous to believe.
    Below is the list of numbers and the 5th will be the ridiculous observation. Good hunting...Regards Larry

1. Finger Prints....Sandgroper
    2. Green Crayon.....Cornish
    3. Recent hanger leather........Scout
    4. Dagger in scabbard backwards..........Scout

5. ??? RZM 7 and 7/8ths but correct........Greenhorn
    6. Pommel question?........Ray Vinton
    Last edited by Larry C; 02-16-2013 at 12:05 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Screws in the chape?

Hi Larry

To play along, I'll guess that 1) silver shouldn't have that green verdigris 2) the fraction 7/8 and 3) the crossguard and handle fitment is awful.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Hi Cornish good guess but from the photos the screws look ok..nice try.
    @ Greenhorn...very close Greenhorn and on the right track...#1 is it green verdigris or something else,,and you got #5 That fraction is quite real and period for a late SA RZM. There is no other RZM number that I can see that is used as a fraction.

Anymore thoughts gents??

?

That verdigris looks more applied than anything else.

The Pommel screw looks a little off and the eagle looks to be of an SA dagger as well. Just my two cents though.

Ray

Ok Scout you are in the right direction but what is it really made of as to be applied to try to fake out the collector?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast