Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Dagger M7/80 contract 1197/39 (Solingen)

Article about: On my genuine SS dagger I found the inscriptions 'F' & 'B' on the lower crossguards. On the top crossguards it's 2x marked 'St'. Can someone plz help we to identify these? 'St' could mea

b3b
    ?

Default SS Dagger M7/80 contract 1197/39 (Solingen)

On my genuine SS dagger I found the inscriptions 'F' & 'B' on the lower crossguards. On the top crossguards it's 2x marked 'St'. Can someone plz help we to identify these? 'St' could mean "Standarte" (SS-regiment), but I'm not sure of it...

The dagger-pin bears the CAH logo (C &A printed in the H); I suppose this reffers to Carl August Hartkopf- nearby family of G. Spitzer/ Solingen.

Thx guys!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger M7/80 contract 1197/39 (Solingen)
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Dagger M7/80 contract 1197/39 (Solingen)

Hi B3b,, it sounds like the marks are on the inside of the crossguards,, which are the foundary marks for the firm who made them. St does not mean Standarte and has no SA or SS political affiliation. Greatly Photos would explain more..if you may. I dont know what your term of "Dagger pin"...this is why it is necessary for photos. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

b3b
    ?

Thx Larry!

Indeed these F & B/ St are marks from the firm- but maybe someone would have more info about these marks (all info very welcome)? I've seen other daggers of the same contractnumbers with the F&B-marks, I've been searching the internet a while but never found a real meaning. Photo-uploading doesn't work, I'll keep on trying.

Grtz!

Hi B3b check this link out to help you upload pics...and tonight I will find the names of the foundry markings for you as I am at work now. Some of these guards were done in house and some were purchased from outside sources,, I will look into it tonight when I get home. Regards Larry

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/techn...o-guide-24033/
    Last edited by Larry C; 03-12-2013 at 09:13 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

b3b
    ?

photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dagger M7/80 contract 1197/39 (Solingen)   SS Dagger M7/80 contract 1197/39 (Solingen)  

SS Dagger M7/80 contract 1197/39 (Solingen)  

Hi B3b Your tang logo belongs to the Hartkopf company who made supplied blades to Haco Gmbh and Gottlieb Hammesfahr......the F B letters belong to the Arthur Schuttlehoffer company..who had the rocking horse logo and RZM7/13 number...the "St" lettering I can not identify and have no listing of that maker,,. I do have an F. Dick SA dagger with that lettering...but it would be hard to speculate if the actually made those guards. Regards Larry

B3b can you post a few pics of your dagger also as these fittings look to be late period. Regards Larry

if you have a problem posting check put the link i just added to my last post from this morning..or I will upload the photos for you myself

b3b
    ?

Larry,

Thx a lot; your knowledge is one of very great value to me!
    Tomorrow I'll try to post some detailed pics of the present condition of the dagger. I recently bought the piece and I'm still working to get it cleaned in a decent condition. It's owner left it untouched for MANY MANY years...

Daggers like these can be found on frequent base here in the region.

Grtz!

b3b
    ?

SS Dagger M7/80 contract 1197/39 (Solingen)SS Dagger M7/80 contract 1197/39 (Solingen)SS Dagger M7/80 contract 1197/39 (Solingen)SS Dagger M7/80 contract 1197/39 (Solingen)SS Dagger M7/80 contract 1197/39 (Solingen)SS Dagger M7/80 contract 1197/39 (Solingen)SS Dagger M7/80 contract 1197/39 (Solingen)SS Dagger M7/80 contract 1197/39 (Solingen)

With some delay...

B3B in post 5 the guards look like they differ... are these the same guards? Im looking at the fattness of the F and B compared to the first pic in post 5.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast