Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Dagger marked 1198/39 SS

Article about: Hi all, I send some photos of my SS dager signed 1198/39 SS. That´s uknown maker which produced daggers from 38-42. Any opinions about this piece? I think it´s original piece, but I´m not su

Default SS Dagger marked 1198/39 SS

Hi all,
    I send some photos of my SS dager signed 1198/39 SS. That´s uknown maker which produced daggers from 38-42. Any opinions about this piece? I think it´s original piece, but I´m not sure if is all complete from this maker. One photo is collection for sale, where is first on left next to SA and NSKK daggers.

Thanks for Your opinions.

Regards ThomasSS Dagger marked 1198/39 SSSS Dagger marked 1198/39 SSSS Dagger marked 1198/39 SSSS Dagger marked 1198/39 SSSS Dagger marked 1198/39 SSSS Dagger marked 1198/39 SSSS Dagger marked 1198/39 SS

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger marked 1198/39 SS
    P
    Many

My, that's quite a collection! The experts will be along shortly, although I don't think the pics are all that great. A little washed out in the last pic, a little too much contrast in the others, maybe still good enough to tell. It would fool me that's for sure. Otherwise I'm thinking is it possible for someone with a dagger collection like this to have a bum piece? I guess anything's possible.

Hi Bactassar (what a name?) welcome to the forum.

With the images supplied it is looking promising.
    Wooden Grip looks raised above the crossguard which always raises questions as to whether it is original to piece.
    Could be some picking around the eagle, whether they got it out is anybodys guess. Looks to be a nickel variety so will be an earlier 36 dagger.

Why are you selling all them daggers? Lifetimes work there (and savings).
    If you can get us some better pictures in natural light, we can look at the scabbard paint and blade then.

best matty

Hi Matty,
    unfortunately that´s not my collection, I´d like to have some pieces like Red cross leader or chained dagger.
    Wooden grip is raised above the crossguard in 2,8 mm and that´s reason why I´am afraid if it´s complete piece from one maker or not.
    Aluminium eagle seems to been replaced. I try tomorrow make some better photos. Thanks for reaction.

I don't personally like the raised grip, some may say its fine, but to me it seems unlikely to have even passed RZM control like it.
    Are you sure the eagles alloy? Looks to dark like nickel to me.

I too read the post as your own collection.

best matty
    Last edited by Larry C; 10-26-2015 at 12:09 AM.

Hi Matty,
    ok, I wrote it like it is my collection, sorry :-)
    I try to make better photos of dagger and eagle.

Best regards

Thomas

You did Thomas , but its fine, don't worry.

Im not to sure that grip belongs at all to be honest. As well as high, it Seems rather damaged when the rest of the fittings are near mint.

Will be interesting to hear other views, good luck with the decision,

matty

Question New photos of 1198/39 SS - original? mixed parts? or fake?

Hi guys,
    I try to make better photos of SS dagger outside on daylight. Thanks all who make some opinion.
    Thanks a lot for help!!!

Regards

Thomas

SS Dagger marked 1198/39 SSSS Dagger marked 1198/39 SSSS Dagger marked 1198/39 SSSS Dagger marked 1198/39 SSSS Dagger marked 1198/39 SSSS Dagger marked 1198/39 SSSS Dagger marked 1198/39 SSSS Dagger marked 1198/39 SSSS Dagger marked 1198/39 SSSS Dagger marked 1198/39 SSSS Dagger marked 1198/39 SSSS Dagger marked 1198/39 SSSS Dagger marked 1198/39 SSSS Dagger marked 1198/39 SS

Replaced grip at some point.

Paint doesn't resemble the normal finish either.

Otherwise looking good.

The glaringly huge tang hole visible in the lower guard would be all that I needed to pass on this put-together dagger.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast