MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Dagger marked 1198/39 SS

Article about: Hi all, I send some photos of my SS dager signed 1198/39 SS. That´s uknown maker which produced daggers from 38-42. Any opinions about this piece? I think it´s original piece, but I´m not su

I didn't notice that William.
    It is unlikely it would have been inside the RZM tolerances.

Could even be the right grip, with the wrong guards!

Seems its been put together using original parts though.
    Last edited by matty01; 10-25-2015 at 08:30 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger marked 1198/39 SS
    P
    Many

Looks like you'll be returning it Thomas.

Keep an eye out for another, SS daggers are far from rare yet.

Thank you guys, that´s the reason I made the photo infront of blade to crossguard. That´s too much interventions for me. I return it to the seller when I have the possibility. Thank you very much, i´d like to have experience and knowledge like you, in the future, I'll be more careful and would not be blinded by desire to own SS dagger for good price.

Thankyou to for posting the pictures Thomas. We're all still learning in one way or another.

A wise man once told me the day you know it all is the day to start a new hobby! Whats the point when you know it all ey.

Keep about, and good luck with the search.

matty

Grip has been messed with " and or " does not belong....also showing shows painted in Pick marks around the grip eagle. Thats enough for me to walkaway. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The glaringly huge tang hole visible in the lower guard would be all that I needed to pass on this put-together dagger.
    i agree!
    I don't see much real on this piece!
    Regards,
    Gerd

Im also seeing a large tang clearance hole..and to the right designated by the 2 arrows..also what seems to be present is " Plating lift " .could these guards not be early..or could of been possibly recent??

SS Dagger marked 1198/39 SS
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry, ive been thinking about this dagger too, but remember its RZM so will have the plated guards.

The gaping gap spotted by william completely flew over my head (my fault didn't enlarge the photo) but I now think the grips right but the guards are a modern day replacement.
    Lets face it, even with the small flaw you can see how often do we see the plating held like we do on this piece....We don't!

The problem with these RZM pieces is the parts can be easily changed about with the modern day replicas.
    You can see why collectors avoid RZM SS daggers.

I have to now wonder about the Scabbard, the paint finish isn't right, im wondering if its a replacement?

Agreed Mattty and my apologies...yes this an RZM produced dagger with expected flaws to be seen.

My Bad..I was still in Bertram Reinh mode from another recent thread

So, It seems that everything on dagger is bad... thanks for help gents!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2