Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Dagger, opinions please?

Article about: Hi guys, could I please have your opinions on this one?, not convinced about it, the runes on the grip are not straight. As far as I can see the grip fits ok on the cross guards. Marking e.p

Default SS Dagger, opinions please?

Hi guys, could I please have your opinions on this one?, not convinced about it, the runes on the grip are not straight. As far as I can see the grip fits ok on the cross guards. Marking e.p&s. Solingen on the crossguard 353280. As for the rest, these are the only pictures I have. Look forward to hear about your views, Best Regards, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dagger, opinions please?   SS Dagger, opinions please?  

SS Dagger, opinions please?   SS Dagger, opinions please?  

SS Dagger, opinions please?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger, opinions please?
    P
    Many

Quote from an old thread from Larry s post: "Roman numeral I - " Munich " most commonly seen with most if not all Early SS daggers"

Walk away from it.

Problems:

Nut
    Crossguard "I" mark on wrong side (so has been apart, as evidenced by the nut too)
    High spine to blade

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade, will do, did not convince me at first sight, but wanted to hear what your thoughts were, just for the sake of learning now. Searching for a SS Dagger and since I am in no rush will patiently look for one, Regards, Juan

Juan, Hi.
    It wouldn't be for me and Il tell you why.
    It is presumably meant to be an early 33, but has a repainted Rzm scabbard. The tangnut is also the plated type, but should be nickel.
    Going by the numeral on the guard these are early, but it is back to front.
    Grip looks repainted so its either SA or a repair. The Sunken SS button isn't a good sign either.
    As a lesson though don't wouldn't write an SS dagger off because of the sharp angle of the runes as the early ones were set this way so when the dagger was in wear (typically 45 degrees) the runes were straight up/down.
    To be fair its not good to comment on the blade or number without clearer pictures. If these are the pictures you have been given from the seller take it as a warning shot.
    IMO the vertical hanger is a replica.

Ps. Ask if you can see the SA dagger in the background.

Thanks Matty, appreciate your explanation, hopefully next one I post will not bring up any issues
    Quote by mattty01 View Post
    Juan, Hi.
    It wouldn't be for me and Il tell you why.
    It is presumably meant to be an early 33, but has a repainted Rzm scabbard. The tangnut is also the plated type, but should be nickel.
    Going by the numeral on the guard these are early, but it is back to front.
    Grip looks repainted so its either SA or a repair. The Sunken SS button isn't a good sign either.
    As a lesson though don't wouldn't write an SS dagger off because of the sharp angle of the runes as the early ones were set this way so when the dagger was in wear (typically 45 degrees) the runes were straight up/down.
    To be fair its not good to comment on the blade or number without clearer pictures. If these are the pictures you have been given from the seller take it as a warning shot.
    IMO the vertical hanger is a replica.

Ps. Ask if you can see the SA dagger in the background.

Always best to post though Juan, plenty of sharp eyes on this forum.

Indeed Matt, that is the Number 1 Rule, thanks a lot for your help

Have asked the seller for pictures of the SA Dagger as you requested Matt, Regards, Juan

Thanks Juan. Im sure the seller is loving the picture requests. Lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast