Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Dagger Opinions: RZM 1053/39

Article about: Is this dagger authentic? What would be a reasonable price range for such an item, assuming its authentic. Thanks.

?

Default SS Dagger Opinions: RZM 1053/39

Is this dagger authentic? What would be a reasonable price range for such an item, assuming its authentic. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Dagger Opinions: RZM 1053/39  SS Dagger Opinions: RZM 1053/39  SS Dagger Opinions: RZM 1053/39  SS Dagger Opinions: RZM 1053/39  SS Dagger Opinions: RZM 1053/39  SS Dagger Opinions: RZM 1053/39  SS Dagger Opinions: RZM 1053/39 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger Opinions: RZM 1053/39
    P
    Many

Default re: SS Dagger Opinions: RZM 1053/39

This dagger actually looks promising despite the flash in the photos. I woukld like to see closeups if possible of the runes button area and the grip eagle. Also where the blade shoulders meets the lower crossguard. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Default re: SS Dagger Opinions: RZM 1053/39

Thanks for your response. These are the only photos I have right now. Just wondered if it is worth a physical inspection. What should I look for?

Default Re: SS Dagger Opinions: RZM 1053/39

Hi Pablo as I said above,, is worth a look at ..the photos give me the impression that the grip eagle has been messed with but not sure. It could be the lighting. When you get the opportunity please get a few more photos as I really cant give a good view of it. If you are a collector of these ,, then it would be easy to see the condition and the correct fittings,,for this late dagger. if you are not a collector,, it would be very difficult to tell you what to look for and tell the difference between what is good and what is not. There are many shades of 1 color in the world,,and I could not tell you what to exactly look for if you might not know yourself. All I can say is the flash has washed out the detail in the pics,,so its hard to discern and tell you what to look for. Thats why I ask when you get a chance ..some extra pics would help greatly. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks for your help Larry. I attached more photos. I hope these are useful.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dagger Opinions: RZM 1053/39   SS Dagger Opinions: RZM 1053/39  

SS Dagger Opinions: RZM 1053/39   SS Dagger Opinions: RZM 1053/39  

SS Dagger Opinions: RZM 1053/39   SS Dagger Opinions: RZM 1053/39  

SS Dagger Opinions: RZM 1053/39  

?

I think we need a close up of the rune button

This grip looks to be an SA grip painted black. it really does not fit well to the lower crossguard at all. As dean said it would be best to see close up pics of the runes button. The blade IMO is good and the scabbard also. I would be curious to see the the inside of the crossguards,, and the real truth about the grip will be show in the tang clearance openings. I feel this is a parts dagger with an SA grip. Not sure of the crossguards at all looks to be post war. The accent grooves on the guards are very shallow. But photo proof of this will prove me wrong. I do appreciate Pblo you getting these pics for us..to help find the truth in Authenticity. Regards Larry

Agreed. Almost certainly a parts dagger. The grip wood fit is Definitely not good and the eagle and roundel look to both have been tinkered with with all sorts of unusual markings in the wood surrounding them. And, as Larry has pointed out, the guards do not look right-they almost look New in comparison to the rest of it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

WOW you guys are good I would have bought it.

?

Thanks for the critique. The owner adamantly claims it was brought back by his Grandfather who served in WW2 (isn't that a common story?) and is confident it is the real deal. Here's another photo cropped from one of the others. This is all I got. Should I stay away? He's asking $1.8K. If I renege on it what should I say is wrong with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Dagger Opinions: RZM 1053/39 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast