Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Dagger - original or false?

Article about: Hi guys, need your opinions on this SS dagger - manufacturer is P.D. Lüneschloss Solingen - RZM 1053/38. It´s with Ralf Siegert certificate, who´s the expert on III.Reich cold weapons, but a

Default SS Dagger - original or false?

Hi guys,

need your opinions on this SS dagger - manufacturer is P.D. Lüneschloss Solingen - RZM 1053/38. It´s with Ralf Siegert certificate, who´s the expert on III.Reich cold weapons, but as you know, certificate isn´t often the only mark of thrue original. So, thanks for your opinions and help.

SS Dagger - original or false?SS Dagger - original or false?SS Dagger - original or false?SS Dagger - original or false?SS Dagger - original or false?SS Dagger - original or false?SS Dagger - original or false?SS Dagger - original or false?

Regards!

Thomas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger - original or false?
    P
    Many

As you rightly say- certificates are note worth the paper they were written on - Champagne SS decals!

Anyway - the dagger is fine - with good fittings - the blade is not the best however it all comes down to price - one like that I wouldn't pay more than a thousand euros!!

?

No, the dagger is fooled with. The crossguards don't belong to this dagger.
    It's a later RZM type dagger which may not have a lower crossguard with a districtmark on it...
    This one has a lower nickel guard marked with a Roman 'I' which is not correct for a later type.
    These should have plated guards.

?

cross graining ?

Original ? RZM 1053/38 SS Chained Dagger

Dagger overall is questionable ...mostly the WKC RZM code..being used and called PD Luneschloss.

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Original ? RZM 1053/38 SS Chained Dagger

Dagger overall is questionable ...mostly the WKC RZM code..being used and called PD Luneschloss.

The dagger you show Larry is 1058.
    The one that started the thread is 1053...

This one looks to be yet another put together. The "I" marking on the guard tells the story. To see it on an RZM blade in a painted sheath is definitely not correct.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    The dagger you show Larry is 1058.
    The one that started the thread is 1053...
    Yes you are correct Krisse ..I do show a 1058..and you also clicked "Like" on the post I made.

,,on the connecting link I left. I dont shoot from the hip without gathering statistics first.

So what are your thoughts then on RZM1053 /38 .. using a WKC identity?

You do see this dont you ? ..I am hopeful that a study ensues from this topic.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Yes you are correct Krisse ..I do show a 1058..and you also clicked "Like" on the post I made.

,,on the connecting link I left. I dont shoot from the hip without gathering statistics first.

So what are your thoughts then on RZM1053 /38 .. using a WKC identity?

You do see this dont you ? ..I am hopeful that a study ensues from this topic.

Regards Larry
    Ah I see now Larry.
    I didn't saw the other thread yet of the 1058...
    Got to say that I am really not home in the study of later SS daggers,
    but for me it's clear that the 1053 above is a put together the least.