Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS dagger out of the woodwork

Article about: Having some trouble with the images, however I have this chain dagger with a rich lacquer scabbard. Very little plate loss but one of the connectors has gone missing ..Just for interest real

Default SS dagger out of the woodwork

SS dagger out of the woodworkSS dagger out of the woodwork

Having some trouble with the images, however I have this chain dagger with a rich lacquer scabbard. Very little plate loss but one of the connectors has gone missing ..Just for interest really ,Your observations and conclusions as always are greatly appreciatedSS dagger out of the woodworkSS dagger out of the woodworkSS dagger out of the woodworkSS dagger out of the woodwork
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger out of the woodwork  
    Last edited by luftyluftylufty; 07-13-2018 at 02:42 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger out of the woodwork
    P
    Many

Salty Type B2

Can you provide pics of the reverse chain for this forum?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Whats the story with - "out of the woodwork"? Buy it from a Vet?

Hi Nbush …" Out of the woodwork " does not necessarily mean just from a Vet but also meaning it could of resided in someones collection for years and has finally surfaced.

Another meaning is that the artifact is in very decent to Mint condition or a rarity type. The dagger above is in salty condition and quite common.

I would say the first description may be applicable that it came out of an older collection or Vet acquired.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry. I wasn't specific enough - I meant (like your first definition) was there a specific story, vet or older collection on this piece and where it came from. Interesting about the second definition - I haven't heard it used in that way before. We learn something new every day.

Hi , My interpretation of the term is much the same as Larry's "Out of the woodwork" meaning "Uncleaned ,Untouched ,and in the case of this One Veteran's Daughter Acquired .. The charm of such "Salty " pieces can sometimes put them in front of perfectly sound original examples which have been cleaned and passed around..
    Dealers can sometimes use this term to reassure collectors that what they are offering is in it's original unmolested state ..
    I will get some additional images of the back of the chain .
    Thank you Both !

Default Back Of Chain from SS Dagger

SS dagger out of the woodwork

Could a closeup photo or two of the skull links be added to the thread? Just for reference purposes, I'm not having a bad feeling about this dagger. Best Regards, Fred

Quote by luftyluftylufty View Post
    Hi , My interpretation of the term is much the same as Larry's "Out of the woodwork" meaning "Uncleaned ,Untouched ,and in the case of this One Veteran's Daughter Acquired .. The charm of such "Salty " pieces can sometimes put them in front of perfectly sound original examples which have been cleaned and passed around...........
    That's also my thinking. You can learn a lot more about how they were made from untouched examples, versus daggers that have been in somebody's remanufacturing operation getting refinished (with maybe the addition of some parts swapping) that some guys seem to like to do. Best Regards Again, Fred

Hi Fred ,It Will Be Posted Again In All Probability By The New Owner .