Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS dagger with rare inscription?

Article about: There is so much talent and beauty in the world..which not enough of it will ever been seen to be proven true....each of which are one of a kind. Hard to say with 2 black and white photos. T

Default SS dagger with rare inscription?

Hi. Can someone please translate this inscription on this SS dagger? Is it rare? Anyone seen a SS dagger like this?

Sorry about the B&W pictures. Old photos...

Attachment 240751Attachment 240753Attachment 240759Attachment 240758Attachment 240761Attachment 240760Attachment 240752Attachment 240755

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger with rare inscription?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS dagger with rare inscription?

The inscription translates as "To be a leader means to be a role model". Otherwise, I cannot comment on the dagger.

?

Never seen one like that before but that doesnt mean it didnt exist but much clearer photos are needed of the whole thing ie makers marks , handle , insignias, also the chain and scabbard , for more accurate opinions

thanks for your comments! I can't provide any other pictures because I don't know where this dagger is and the person that owned it died 10 years ago. Only got these two pictures...
    Just hope that someone recognize this dagger/inscription..

Never seen that variation of motto before Anton, could be very rare or very dodgy!!! The other dagger looks like a good TENO leaders dagger, they go for around the $6000-$7000 mark.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I'm very much in agreement that better photos are needed. But based on what most admittedly are (slightly) digitally enhanced images, I do not get a good feeling as to the dagger itself being a period original as it looks now. Seeing an issue with the fit of the dagger to the scabbard. And the handle portion as pointed out in the image below. And as to the etch everyone can be their own judge. But I see some issues with that as well. FP
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger with rare inscription?   SS dagger with rare inscription?  

Never seen one like this,I agree with Frogprince does not fit well.Does anybody know who said this and whose signature is engraved.Could very well be a pieced together fantasy item.

The signature, I believe, is that of Norwegian leader Vidkun Quisling. These daggers were rumored to have been given to Norwegian SS members(the GSSN) who qualified by being in the German SS for 3 years. They are,from what I've been able to ever tell, supposedly Extremely rare pieces. In the millennium or so that I've been involved with this stuff, I've never actually laid eyes on one of these. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I don't like it one bit. FP's pics show big issues with it.

I have never heard of this item before and I remain very skepital of it. Remember dagger production ceased during the war.

Cheers, Ade.

?

that looks like a hard sell, high leader dagger with wrong inscrip

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast