Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ss dagger real or fake?! need help!

Article about: Hey guys and gals! I need your help! This dagger is at an action close to home but i cant get to the location and have these pictures they provided. To me they look to be correct for the ss

?

Default ss dagger real or fake?! need help!

Hey guys and gals! I need your help! This dagger is at an action close to home but i cant get to the location and have these pictures they provided. To me they look to be correct for the ss dagger . Just looks like the grip is cracked but the blade looks like its in great shape. It ends tonight and need your help! Real fake and worth buying?! Thank you!
    Vinny
    Attached Images Attached Images ss dagger real or fake?! need help!  ss dagger real or fake?! need help!  ss dagger real or fake?! need help!  ss dagger real or fake?! need help! 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss dagger real or fake?! need help!
    P
    Many

?

You really have to ask better pictures of the dagger. The most important parts can't be seen that well and they are most important for evaluation.
    If it's located not far from your home, try to go get pictures yourself. Problem is, that we can't zoom in on the pics.
    In anyway, this kind of damage on the grip would be a no go for me. Even when the price is very low.
    Is that paintloss on the cracks on that grip? Because that is not a good sign.
    At first sight, the fittings grip/guards don't close that very well either but that can be caused by bad photography.

My advise is: even if this is an all Original dagger, just wait and collect some more money untill you can buy a good one in excellent condition.
    I'm sure the others stand behind me in my advise here.

Blade looks bad anyway, far too high ridge for a herder and also offset logo (the cross should be in line with ridge).

Cant see much of the handle but I can see pealing paint. Annoyingly grip repairs are just far to easy on SS daggers- its a case of patience, filler and black paint!

SA grips are far more honest as you cannot make anything look like wood no matter how hard you try.

mattty

?

Thanks guys. I did goto the place that is selling it. The vrip did not feel like wood as it had a gloss to it and felt slick as if it had a coating on it. The guards matched with the districk mark on it but im not a professional and have spent money on items and been burnt. If you guys say stay away then i will and not buy it on excitement only to be disappointed with thd purchase.

?

The blade did have cross graining in it.

- - ------- - -

Ty for link

?

I think you guys are right and just stay away from it.

Seems this ones already done the rounds thankyou mac66

Yes fake crossgrain is possible- also its possible to re-grain too! But you can tell the difference.
    Scabbards usually fit looser on regrained blades and often the logo's are shallower or worn away - I know as I have one in my collection! (bought from a big dealer too!)

?

Aw man im sorry to hear that bud. It just seems so hard to find one that is decent for under 2k.

Lol, I had my suspicions when I bought it, but never did anything about it. I know its wrong now but hey ho.

$2000 usd -Go for the plated RZM type, not everybodys cup of tea but they are still nice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast