Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS dagger real or not.

Article about: I found this nice looking dagger at auction and im very interested in buying it, but i have zero experience with daggers! So im asking for some help, does it look real or is it a well made c

?

There is nothing real and genuine on this dagger.
    Very well made to deceive but imo also very clearly laser etched with an attempt to break the straight lining that are created by laseretching.
    The fakers are getting better and better. The give away for me are the letters of the word 'SOLINGEN'. They still have perfect edges which can only be created by laser.
    The attempt to break the perfect edges can be seen on the outer oval under the letter E N of Solingen.
    Also the inscription itself is imo clearly laser etched...

The grip looks far to new and made of the wrong material and the SS runes button is imo fake aswell.
    You can see clearly that the grip was dyed in black on the back.

Walk away of this dangerous dagger which was made to deceive!!!
    Last edited by KRISSE; 10-04-2018 at 09:28 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger real or not.
    P
    Many

?

Please compare both logo's...
    Left one is original.

SS dagger real or not.SS dagger real or not.

?

Looks good to me
    thank you
    mark

?

Quote by sutka View Post
    Looks good to me
    thank you
    mark
    Then look again to the logo's Mark but then better.
    Where do both R's of 'Richard' and 'Herder' start and end compaired to the left and right points of the star in the middle?

Hi Krisse thankyou for pointing that out to the community and to support Sutkas post above the fact is ...It does look good to him because he does not have enough knowledge in these Edged Weapon types. Like I said ...above in an earlier post ... Quote : Sure it " Looks " good and it does " Look good " but thats all there is is what the outward appearance projects without studying any of the thread or researching.

After reviewing 13 pages of threads / posts Sutka made only 5 of which pertained to questions regarding 3 SA daggers ..1 CH SS chain and this present thread. His attraction is mainly cloth and medals. So like most others who may come onto these threads and make posts like this .has to be given the benefit of the doubt that they just dont know enough about these daggers.

Now @ Sutka ...I would encourage you to read into the many SA and SS threads in these forums here to further you knowledge so as you can reply in confidence of the next " Looks good " dagger type.

Harryamb2 ..I wish him well and have not seen him post in months used to say " good one " I like it or a thumbs up . Yet was not knowledged well in the edged forum and led some into a false sense of security and money lost to a fake.
    Sutka please read and continue to post here as the days pass you will acquire more

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

In the first reply one of the world's leading experts on TR daggers pronounced this to be a good dagger. If JR Meda says it's a good one it would be wise to listen to him.

?

Quote by Falling down View Post
    In the first reply one of the world's leading experts on TR daggers pronounced this to be a good dagger. If JR Meda says it's a good one it would be wise to listen to him.
    Ah yes sir. I forgot that. Dealers can't make mistakes by looking quick to the pictures.
    Be my guest and buy a dagger with such logo. Then try to sell it again. Or just keep it and be happy with it. Good luck.

Not without better photos........the thread is about the dagger not JR Meda and his reputation.
    Do you learn math on your own or if someone tells you the answers? Stay focused.

Dont start crap here Mr F. Down you came out of No where with only 8 posts to jump in on something you obviously dont know about or you would not of commented. Be Careful .
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello..
    I will start by saying.. just because one person writes ''a real one'' well if that person then took the time to explain why the person believes this is a real thing, then maybe that could be of any use!
    I could write in 100 posts a good one without any evidence what so ever to back that statement up..
    And if i had a lot of credentials it would be accepted!

I think what Larry + Krisse writes here are very well spoken and i would hang my hat on their evaluations any day!

I would never as in never buy a dagger in this price range if just the slightest of doubt!
    And as krisse said.. well you could buy such a dagger and then have a hard time trying to sell it... or keep it and know that every time you show it anywhere, doubts would be raised..

Best
    Lt. Col
    Ullergaard

Thankyou Gents for all points and comments to this thread as it has run its course.

Thread closed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2