Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SS dagger - RZM 1198/40

Article about: Greetings everyone, I just came across a dagger that looks like a potential candidate for the collection, it is in my price range. However, since SS daggers(SS in general) aint my main area

?

Default SS dagger - RZM 1198/40

Greetings everyone,

I just came across a dagger that looks like a potential candidate for the collection, it is in my price range.

However, since SS daggers(SS in general) aint my main area of collecting I realy have no idea to know if it has a chance of being authentic or not.. Always a big risk with SS items. I also couldnt find much on this maker.

What do you think? I've asked for some bigger pictures.

Thanks in advance!

SS dagger - RZM 1198/40SS dagger - RZM 1198/40SS dagger - RZM 1198/40SS dagger - RZM 1198/40SS dagger - RZM 1198/40SS dagger - RZM 1198/40SS dagger - RZM 1198/40SS dagger - RZM 1198/40SS dagger - RZM 1198/40

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger - RZM 1198/40
    P
    Many

?

Some additional pictures, some gaps between the handle and the fittings:

SS dagger - RZM 1198/40SS dagger - RZM 1198/40SS dagger - RZM 1198/40

?

Better and Bigger pictures overall and of Runes and Adler will of course help. The scabbard in its paint loss looks like it may have been repainted.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

For this RZM SS 1198/40 dagger the producer is well known being SMF ( Stocker & Co. ) Seated King trade mark
    RZM M7 Makers Code List - Plus SS Dienstdolch Contract Codes

But quite obscure that not too many of them are out on the market place.

The guards almost being SA Guards from some Thuringia poducer having the shallow accent grooves and the grip also being the early type having a piece of the ebony wood missing from the lower left side of the grip.

The hanger is a mid period type added later to the dagger as the hanger date came first before the dagger. Who knows when it was added.
    The hanger looks great and is what I expect in detail of an SS Vertical hanger from that time frame.
    The Scabbard is fine also.

Overall a rare to find SS RZM type by this producer being the late period of 1940.

I would expect to see late plated crossguards
    Parts dagger at best but all of it is Third Reich period.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by m4l700 View Post
    Some additional pictures, some gaps between the handle and the fittings:

SS dagger - RZM 1198/40SS dagger - RZM 1198/40SS dagger - RZM 1198/40
    I don't like the entire dagger. Motto pattern looks not right for an 1198.
    Regards Gerd