Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Dagger RZM 1211/39: your help please

Article about: Hi Guys, I would like to obtain my first SS Dagger and I have no experience in this field. I'm not looking for special Markmaker.Just a Dagger in pretty good conditions. I would like to hear

Default SS Dagger RZM 1211/39: your help please

Hi Guys,
    I would like to obtain my first SS Dagger and I have no experience in this field.
    I'm not looking for special Markmaker.Just a Dagger in pretty good conditions.
    I would like to hear your opinion on this one for sale at 1800€.

Regards
    Francesco
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Dagger RZM 1211/39: your help please  SS Dagger RZM 1211/39: your help please  SS Dagger RZM 1211/39: your help please  SS Dagger RZM 1211/39: your help please  SS Dagger RZM 1211/39: your help please  SS Dagger RZM 1211/39: your help please 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger RZM 1211/39: your help please
    P
    Many

Default re: SS Dagger RZM 1211/39: your help please

Attached Images Attached Images SS Dagger RZM 1211/39: your help please  SS Dagger RZM 1211/39: your help please 

I definitely don't like the looks of the wood fit to the guards-particularly the upper one. It looks far to much to be attributed to shrinkage, in my opinion. At the worst, it looks like the grip may possibly have been replaced. It could have had a damaged grip and was replaced with a period but not perfectly fitting one. I would keep looking abit more. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Agreed, handle has a poor fit.
    ~Dean

IMO the grip is a repaint as the scratches do not show any wood underneath,, the crossguards are questionable,,,the eagle is questionable also ...BUT..it was normal to see some eagles with the copper toning showing through,,but rare to see. A few mixed in early parts on a late RZM blade. my personal opinion,, save your money and move to an early SS dagger,, on 3 points.....Better quality and craftmanship,,,early SS history,,,and RZM SS daggers are easily faked or put together with parts that are hard to differentiate. It is normal to see some early parts put on late SS daggers,, and the authenticity would be more widely accepted if it came direct from a vet! Other than that, it is hard to prove otherwise and anyone can put together a Late RZM. Too many inconsistencies on this example. Regards Larry

My advice is also to pass on this example.

Chers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you very much for yours advices Guys!

At the end I have purchased another Dagger.It's a near mint example,a real beauty and that came with the US veteran photo who bring the dagger from Germany.
    I will show the Dagger photos as I get it.

Regards
    Francesco

The crossgrain also looks wrong dont you think?

Quote by Francesco View Post
    Thank you very much for yours advices Guys!

At the end I have purchased another Dagger.It's a near mint example,a real beauty and that came with the US veteran photo who bring the dagger from Germany.
    I will show the Dagger photos as I get it.

Regards
    Francesco
    Congratulations Francesco!
    Look forward to seeing photos when you do.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)