Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS dagger by RZM M7/14 - P.D. Lüneschloss, Solingen

Article about: Hello all, Wanted to share this beauty that I recently picked up. I couldn't find too many other RZM M7/14 blades here on the forum so I wanted to post it for reference. What's really intere

Default SS dagger by RZM M7/14 - P.D. Lüneschloss, Solingen

Hello all,

Wanted to share this beauty that I recently picked up. I couldn't find too many other RZM M7/14 blades here on the forum so I wanted to post it for reference. What's really interesting is the OLC marked hanger with the leather being RZM-L-7/85/41

solid nickel fittings and a painted scabbard, enjoy!

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger by RZM M7/14 - P.D. Lüneschloss, Solingen   SS dagger by RZM M7/14 - P.D. Lüneschloss, Solingen  

SS dagger by RZM M7/14 - P.D. Lüneschloss, Solingen   SS dagger by RZM M7/14 - P.D. Lüneschloss, Solingen  

SS dagger by RZM M7/14 - P.D. Lüneschloss, Solingen   SS dagger by RZM M7/14 - P.D. Lüneschloss, Solingen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger by RZM M7/14 - P.D. Lüneschloss, Solingen
    P
    Many

?

Nice looking dagger with nice fittings but odd to see early guards and an early grip on a late RZM blade...
    It doesn't make sense to me and it confuses me. I might missing something here. Interesting none the less.

Are you sure the guards are solid nickel and not aluminium?
    Because aluminium would be correct and would make it a very nice dagger for sure.

Curious what the others have to say.

Interesting combination and it seems to fit.

Just an Observation ....department L7 Schuhfabriken was licensed to produce shoes and boots. I would of expected to see a department L2 that produced for the SA and NSKK hanger straps and frogs. Yet the strap appears period.

Maybe a special order that was given to L7 to produce ?

The hanger IMO was added on recently as the condition is unmatched to the near pristine scabbard. This is an age old practice and most SS and SA collectors will dress up their daggers with a hanger...but it would look nicer if the condition could be closely matched.

Grip and guards are early ,.scabbard possibly a repaint as Krisse pointed out the scabbard fittings appear to be either nickel or aluminum.

Lower scabbard fitting screws are unmatched if this scabbard once was early..they are not nickel..yet the upper fitting are correct for an early fitting.
    Interesting dagger ..I still like it with and has few renovations. Beautiful blade and who knows what happened at the end of the production period.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I found this reference at Lakesidetrader:

https://www.lakesidetrader.com/item.php?ID=11849