Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SS Dagger RZM1196/38

Article about: Gents, can you have a look at this dagger for my friend, his Grandfather gave it to him which be bought back from the war Many thanks Ben

Default SS Dagger RZM1196/38

Gents, can you have a look at this dagger for my friend, his Grandfather gave it to him which be bought back from the war

Many thanks

Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dagger RZM1196/38   SS Dagger RZM1196/38  

Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger RZM1196/38
    P
    Many

Default re: SS Dagger RZM1196/38

Abit tough to tell from the pics, but from what I can see, it looks okey so far. Can't Quite make out the makers code number, but the grip fit is good and I'm not seeing a whole lot of red flags. The scabbard May be a repaint(either contemporary or post war) but it might be just the lighting. The scabbard ball tip is actually undented, which is always nice to see!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for the info, I have sent him a txt to tell me what it says
    Ben

Hi Ben,, it looks good to me as this is an unknown maker from the middle period RZM1196/38. The lower Crossguard points to the maker " Jacobs or EP &S " but because of the photos Im not sure. Regardless during that period makers were buying parts from each other to make quota. Looks good for Mid period. See what others have to say! Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I would agree with William's and Larry's comments. The scabbard certainly looks repainted to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I will try and get mote pics from him, its taken me months to get these lol
    Ben

I believe RZM 1196/38SS is maker Ed Wusthof.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

You are right Ralph. Just checked my own pinned list
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Looks to be a nice original "TOP" notch dagger.Although i certainly would need better pictures to be sure as my eyesight is not that good!!

Default Re: SS Dagger RZM1196/38

I heard from my friend today via Face book ( he is in a sunny place) the scabbard was repainted by his Grand father, when he gets back in 6 months he will take better pics for us
    Ben